1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMV to DVD Audio Problems

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by fodder937, May 2, 2005.

1. fodder937

fodder937 Member

I'm not sure if I've got the right forum for this question, but here goes.

I have a series of wmv files that I want to convert to mpg and burn onto a DVD. Each clip that I want to burn to DVD is broken into 15 wmv files. I want to take all those wmv files and merge them together and then convert it to mpg so I can burn it as a single chapter on a DVD.

I've tried converting the files to mpg and then merging the files into one.....however everytime I merge the files - the audio is out of sync with the video. I've also tried converting them to avi and I get the same results. I've also tried merging them into one file FIRST and then converting....but I get the same results.

The audio starts out in sync with the video, but by the end of the merged file....the audio is out of sync with the video by at least 3 seconds...sometimes more.

Is there a way I can merge all the individual files and then convert them to avi or mpg or convert them first and then merge them and still keep the audio in sync with the video?

Can anyone suggest a program or solution to my problem?

2. Trung8221

Trung8221 Member

I like to know the answer to that question.. I'm trying to do the same thing. NOw, what software are you using to convert WMV and RealPV... are you using a free software? What software are you using to burn your movies.. I have problem burning them on Nero.. Can you merge all the track and then use DVDshrink to compress the files and then burn them.. Let me know.

3. fodder937

fodder937 Member

I was able to find a partial solution.

I use a program called WMV to AVI MPEG DVD WMV Converter. It's not free, but it allows batch conversions, so I can select all my WMV files and just convert them into watever format I want.

I still haven't found a solution to the problem of getting the audio not being in sync when I merge all the files together, but I did find a work around.

After I've converted all the files to mpg, I don't merge them. I use TMPGEnc to reencode them with a seperate audio and video file and then use TMPGEnc DVD author 1.6 to create a DVD Vido folder. I then use Nero to burn the video folder to a DVD. I have to do add each file into TMPGEnc DVD Author program which is a bit of a pain and then modify the chapters list....but at least it works.