1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMV to DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by BartBuilt, Nov 2, 2004.

1. floydcat

floydcat Member

A little late but for those of you in the New England area who receive NESN they're repeating the playoffs and World Series this week. Drag those vcr's outta the garage or buy yourself a dvd recorder! ALCS Game 4 is Thursday and that's where you want to start anyway, right?

2. keebored

keebored Guest

floydcat:
    To the rescue again! Thank you for letting us New Englanders know NESN is rebroadcasting the games.
    I scheduled my PC TV Card to record all the games directly to my hard drive. And then I'll burn to DVD. Thanks again for the info

In the meantime I sure hope someone can crack the DRM Issue!

3. keebored

keebored Guest

By the way... If anyone else would like to record the World Series games with out a VCR or DVD Recorder... the ATI Wonder USB 2.0 TV card works great on a PC.
    I received this external card for Christmas. I had an internal one years ago. Even though it does not record HDTV and is only Analog, it records TV for DVD in resolution of 720x. Much better quality than MLB was offering in Window Media format (WMV) with DRM!

FYI: 9 hours of TV or Movie recording uses about 40GB on your hard drive.

4. floydcat

floydcat Member

keebored,
    About that ati: Did you already have usb 2.0 on your computer? I bought the same device (for the express purpose of recording the games) and was not able to install the mmc software. The web site acknowledges the problem and refers to a Microsoft fix page, which instructs you to install Service Pack 1 (duh). Another poster on cnet said the problem lies with user installed 2.0 cards (which I had to buy & install) and the co. said there wouldn't be any fix until the next update of mmc. Was wondering if the usb was in fact the problem. I'm now going for a hauppage pci card/beyond tv combo from pcalchemy.com. They've got a lot of great combo deals. Wish me luck, game 5 isn't until Tuesday!

5. keebored

keebored Guest

Floydcat
    Yes indeed the ATI USB 2.0 Wonder only works on a USB 2.0 on-board (motherboard) and yes, documentation states it has issues using it with a USB 2.0 add-on card.
    I recorded the ALCS game 4 last night and playback looks terrific. Good luck with the hauppage pci card. That's another good capture card with good reviews.

6. keebored

keebored Guest

Missed recording Game 7 of the ALCS from NESN cable.
    (The most important one I wanted) For no apparent reason it did not record as I have check all the settings and recording times.
    Did anyone record it?
    I've emailed NESN asking if they will rebroadcast it but I have not heard back.
    Can anyone help?

7. floydcat

floydcat Member

I got your back, brother. I'm away from home now, and I haven't made the dvd yet, but I'll be more than happy to send you a copy. Had more issues, this time with BeyondTV (installed fine but won't start up), but the card works. I'll probably begin copying next week (time to learn dvd authoring!)

edit for address

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  8. keebored

keebored Guest

Again, you saved me........... You're the best!
    When you get the DVD authoring done, please post it here so I can give you some $$ for the DVD and shipping along with my address.
    And again. You've made my day ! Thanks.

9. floydcat

floydcat Member

keebored,
    Discs are done. I sent you a pm with details.

10. keebored

keebored Guest

Floydcat..
    Wow, done so soon? I still haven't completed game 6 yet- though I am getting the hang of this DVD authoring.
    I sent back a PM to let you know how to contact me.
    Thanks again.
    Keebored