1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wniavi and dvdr help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by andyv12, Oct 17, 2004.

1. andyv12

andyv12 Member

ok been trying to put my avi files to dvd disks for ages now and its really starting to annoy me now can anyone help i used winavi put its made my movie into 3 serperate files and when i try put them on a dvd the program i use tmpeg dvd author says this

*The video resolution 448x240 cannot be used for a standard DVD.

The video resolution 16x9 cannot be used for a standard DVD.

For a standard DVD you can only use the following resolutions:

352x240 352x480 704x480 720x480 pixels (NTSC format only)
    352x288 352x576 704x576 720x576 pixels (PAL format only)

and i have no idea what this means? and i dont want it in 3 parts i want it in 1 so it will play straight through

and anyone tell me the seetings i need for winavi or can someone please catch me on msn and help me through it cos i spent alot on money on a dvd burner, dvds and lables etc and i can get anything to work

pleas private message me for msn addy

andy

2. andyv12

andyv12 Member

can anyone help cos this is really buggin me

3. aldav45

aldav45 Member

Hi Andy,
    welcome to AD.
    your problem is not uncommon. when you use win avi there is a setting in "advanced" which lets you switch off the file splitting process. You can output to one file. To be honest if its 3 .VOB files in the one folder (usually called disc 0 by default) then they will all play one ofter the other (this is the usual process). All DVDs contain multiple VOB files. What yiou need to do is convert the resolution (which should be done automatically by winavi) Try Mainconcept encoder If you're having problems. I find that Winavi and TMPG together knock the audio out of sync. What I use now is DVD lab and mainconcept encoder.
    let us know how you get on.
    also search the guides on this site and try here if you still don't have any joy:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com