1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wont auto rotate

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by []v[], Jul 21, 2010.

1. []v[]

[]v[] Regular member

I have just benn given an iphone 3gs which i love tae bits :) had it 3 days now wae NPs but today i saw an icon on the very top next to the battery icon its a lock wae a part circle round it (id upload a pic if i knew how) i never knew wat it was for but i think i do now, the auto rotate now wont thing is i dont know why it wont or how to fix it. Ive used google and all i find is folk that want to turn it off and apps that will turn it off (I dont have anything like it on phone), Me i like it and want to turn it back on so just how would one go about that?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. []v[]

[]v[] Regular member

I got it :) was so simple lol

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

explain how so that others can learn.

4. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

I'll explain... lol

On IOS4 there are various new features. Auto-rotate locking is just one of them and this can be enabled and disabled by double clicking the home button which will bring up the multitasking bar at the bottom of the screen then swipe your finger across the bar to the right and it will give to ipod controls. You can then turn it on or off by clicking the icon on the left. I believe this feature is only available on iPhone 4,3gs and iPod touch 3g, becaue multitasking is disabled on other models unless the device has been jailbroken and multitasking enabled.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010