1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wont burn, is it my drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Daley123, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Daley123

Daley123 Member

So I've just flashed my 360, now in my PC I have a Liteon 832S which writes DL DVD's. Now I've just bought a 25pk of verbatim discs to use and now with 2 different programs (CloneCD and ImgBurn) it fails when trying to write to the disc, it never actually gets going and starts writing. So now I have 2 rather expensive coasters, if anyone can help I'd appreciate it, thinking I might have to invest in a Pioneer 111D. Cheers.

2. Daley123

Daley123 Member

Just noticed when i put a DVD+RW DL in the drive, the name of the drive on my computer changes from DVD-RW Drive to CD Drive, don't if this means anything just thought I'd add it, cheers.

3. Daley123

Daley123 Member

Tried 1 more disc with Nero and still no luck, I don't think it has anything to do with the fact it's saying CD Drive because I just burned a movie on a DVD+R and it burned fine while saying that. It just doesn't seem to want to burn DL's. Looks like I'll have to invest in a Pioneer 111d afterall.

4. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

make sure you have the latest update for your dual lyer burner
    are the verbatims you brought dual layer or just normal dvds

dont forget to change the booktype to dvd-rom

5. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

are you sure you are doing everything right with the game the layer break and bit setting and that the drive actually works how are you backing up your games more info needed

6. Daley123

Daley123 Member

Yes the discs are DL and yes I have changed the setting to DVD-ROM and have tried 3 different programs, don't know why it wont start writing to disc. They have the Pioneer 112D for about £18 in a shop near me so I'm thinking I'll pick it up tomorrow. Cny more helps defintely appreciated though, thanks.

7. theridges

theridges Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2007