1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Won't play in DVD player---Help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Murphy69, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Murphy69

Murphy69 Member

I burned several movies using dvd shrink and dvd decripter and while they play on my computer, they won't play on my home dvd player. Any ideas? Could my settings need adjusted? I'm a newbie.

2. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

There could be a number of reasons. What kind of media are you using? Some players, although this is really a thing of the past, do not play DVD+R (especially if you are using the playback of some versions of Playstation 2). Next, besure that you choose a DVD opition when choosing to burn. The DVD player will only reconize recordings that change the VIDEO_TS / AUDIO_TS format rather than having mpeg files. Finally, I would also make sure that when you burn you make sure that the burner settings are set on the same DVD format that you are using. I have a heck of a time when I got started because my burner default was DVD-R while my media was DVD+R. I must have wasted almost 5 or 6 DVD's before I realized what was going on. If anything, I would try to stick with the shrink as it is the most straightforward of them all. Hope this will help you out...

3. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

There could be a number of reasons. What kind of media are you using? Some players, although this is really a thing of the past, do not play DVD+R (especially if you are using the playback of some versions of Playstation 2). Next, besure that you choose a DVD opition when choosing to burn. The DVD player will only reconize recordings that change the VIDEO_TS / AUDIO_TS format rather than having mpeg files. Finally, I would also make sure that when you burn you make sure that the burner settings are set on the same DVD format that you are using. I have a heck of a time when I got started because my burner default was DVD-R while my media was DVD+R. I must have wasted almost 5 or 6 DVD's before I realized what was going on. If anything, I would try to stick with the shrink as it is the most straightforward of them all. Hope this will help you out...

By the way, if you use DVD Shrink, it has an option to automatically burn with Nero so that you do not have to go through the last leg of this mess. You might want to invest in that so that the computer will do most of the work for you rather than you having to stop and transfer your stuff. There is a great guide for DVD Shrink on this website, it helped me at first. Look under guides...

4. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

Sorry, I double posted half of the first message. Oops...

5. Murphy69

Murphy69 Member

Thanks. I can't find the the option for selecting DVD-R vs DVD+R on my version of Decrypter, but it was set at auto as opposed to the DVD option. I chaned this to DVD and will try again. I'm using DVD+R media I had to uncheck the Nero option in DVD Shrink because it kept giving me a copy protection window unless I unchecked that option. Thanks for the quick response. I'll let you know how it works out.

6. DaKeith

DaKeith Guest

ok first, if u are trying to play this on the PS2, do u know what generation the PS2 is, the first Generation will not play DVD+R, also some DVD players dont like DVD+R either. I use decrypter to rip the novie and then shrink to shrink it, and then I burn with Nero.