1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Won't PLay on My dvd player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CJ8501, Apr 8, 2004.

1. CJ8501

CJ8501 Guest

I have a question. I backuo my dvd's furst by using DVD Decoder to get everything og the disk. I than put it through DVD Shrink to get a DVD-5. I then burn it with Nero 6 and the movies work on my computer but not in my dvd player on my tv. Any one know what i am doing wrong Thanx

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You didn't give us much info but here is the first thing to check. Your player may not play the type of blank you burned.(Example:you burned a +R blank and you player only plays -R)

Jerry

3. CJ8501

CJ8501 Guest

I use Memorex DVD+R I have used it many times to backup and sometimes it works on the dvd player on my tv and sometimes it does not... My dvd Player is from Sony and it does play both DVD-R and DV+R for sure. I Shrink down the DVD with DVD Shrink and also burn it with Nero through Shrink. It always burns but it doesnt always play on the Sony DVD Player. Anyone know what it could be? Thanx

4. odubb

odubb Member

depending on how much its compressed some dvd players just dont work. pioneer is the best ive come across and i have alot of the big name players.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

First thing I would do is switch to a better brand of media like Ritek. Memorex is sort of on the don't use list right now. They are buying from CMC MAG, a company that makes poor quality media and using the Memorex name on them. Its trial and error when playing burned dvds on stand alone players.

Jerry

6. CJ8501

CJ8501 Guest

I mean it works about 50% of the time. Sometimes i get the best backups and other times it wont wotk for anything. What do you think I should do to get the best possible Backups? I use a Digital Research DVD+ and - RW/R Recorder, use Memorex DVD+R and try to play on a Sony DVD Player DVP-NS725P which plays both DVD + and -R Thanx for your time