1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Won't play recorded DVD home video on DVD player

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by canon_g6, Jun 1, 2004.

1. canon_g6

canon_g6 Member

Software to Capture: DVD MAKER,TMPGENC2.5,ROXIO EASY CD CREATOR6.I have a captured file sitting in my hard drive with an extension AVI file.I used TMPGENC2.5 to convert this to MPEG file.What are default setting on this software?ASPECT RATIO I selected 4:3 525 line (NTSC 740x480).Instead of using DVD-LAB since I dont need menus all I want just plain video.And also DVD_lab was asking VIDEO_TS file which is not existing.Why is asking VIDEO_TS?How do I have this VIDEO_TS?.....So i decided to use the software that came with my TDK recorder(ROXIO EASY CD CREATOR 6)....I just drag the converted MPEG file then start to record it .I'm able to play it in my DVD ROM drive but unable to play back on my DVD Player...If you any recomendaion(software) pls let me know.Thank you very much.

2. shraven

shraven Guest

Sadly, it's probably not the software or process. If you're making a DVD that will play in your computer's DVD-ROM, but not your home DVD player, the issue is most likely that your DVD player will not play burned discs. You can try different barnds of media and try switching from +R to -R (or vice versa) as some players are more compatible with different things, but it may be that your player won't play anything and you'll need to get something new.
    If that's the case, you might want to consider one of the few(!) players that will also play DIVX and XVID file formats. Phillips makes one that sells for $70 at Target and Amazon.com.

3. canon_g6

canon_g6 Member

Thank you very for taking the time to response..I have panasonic combo vhs-dvd-player.I recorded a Journey Concert which able to play it.Let me try your suggestion,so you think its not sofware?Thank you