1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working PS2 MultiGame DVD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PS_GaMeR, Feb 1, 2008.

1. PS_GaMeR

PS_GaMeR Member

Hi!

Has anyone ever been able to create a multi game DVD that actually works? I'm asking this because I've downloaded a so called "PS2 MultiGame DVD Creator Kit", followed the instructions step by step but it doesn't work. So if anyone can help me please do so. Thanx in advance.

2. EvilCrow

EvilCrow Member

http://rapidshare.com/files/88327744/Compilation_tools.rar.html

In there are the tutorials and apps i use to make a compilation. I recommend, you follow the tutorial from scorchboy as have better success with it. Read also the other tutorials in there for reference.

Some notes:

1.When you use isobuster to make a file list, click on the LBA column first to sort it in ascending order then make a filelist. I'd given up on the file sorters mentioned coz i cant get it to work.

2.In the rar i place CMPatcher instead of Dvdscanlite because its the newer version and from the same guy.

3.When you are Drag/dropping files in in cddvdgen follow the filelist you made in ascending order but if you get cdvdgen helper to work for you then you dont need to worry about it. Keep doing that for the next set of game files

4.When you use Cd/Dvd gen and you get an error saying "ASPI manager loading failed."
    Then you are missing file “WNASPI32.DLL” in your windows system folder. It might be on your PC somewhere else. If so, just COPY it to your C:\WINDOWS\system folder (do not CUT and PASTE). I found mine in the Nero folder but i case you dont have it, i included it in the rar.

5.Instead of hitting "REC" go to FILE menu and click "Export iml file." It does the same thing as but you can avoid all the errors that will follow if you click on "Record."

6.Before you burn the iso try it out in a ps2 emulator like pcxs2 and check if each of the games work, of course game compatibility with emulator applies. Some game react differently in the emulator after making the compi iso than before it. like Marvel vs Capcom2 in the emu it became much slower if loaded in the compilation but if you burn it and play it in the ps2 its just fine.

7.I dont think the mulitloader 1.4 is compatible with pcxs so if you test it, it will stop at the start, but it will work just fine if layed in the ps2.

8. the difference between multiload 1.4 and 1.33 are; 1.4 has a nicer and cleaner look while 1.33 is bland with a green background but you can add in a custom loading screen which 1.41 cant do.

I think thats it. If you have some more questions just ask me here.

3. PS_GaMeR

PS_GaMeR Member

Thank you very much for your help, I think this is gonna do the trick :) I'll give it a try, and we'll see if I need more help :)