1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Worst Customer Support!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Andypc, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Andypc

Andypc Member

I loved my Xbox. That was until my hard drive broke and I had to speak to the worlds most unhelpful and basically arrogant Customer Support. They are absolutely appalling, rude and worst of all down right liars!!!!! First I was told it would be cheaper to buy a new Xbox than have it repaired, but I would be able to download all my additional content from Xbox Live again for free. Even paid for content I asked? "Yes" was the reply. So I bought my new Xbox and tried to download the paid for additional content for Project Gotham Racing 2. It came up on screen that I had to purchase it again! So I phoned the Customer Support and asked the question again. Will I be charged to download this content again as my previous xbox went wrong. "No you won't be charged again was the answer!" but it says I have to click the purchase button again, I asked?" Again I was told that it was linked to my gamer tag and I would not be charged! Guess what I got charged again and when I phoned the Customer Support again and basically got called a liar and that the content downloads are link to my serial number, so of course I would be charged again. Asked to speak to a supervisor they hung up! Phone back and tried again, this time I managed to get a reference number for my complaint. Got a message on my answer phone saying they have no trace of my previous calls and are closing the complaint! Phoned back and again got someone incredibly rude and unhelpful. Asked to speak to a supervisor and was told no there aren't any! ***Absolutely appalling***

2. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

Wow, that sucks.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

ouch, that is rather harsh. I also had to speak with them once.
    And they are a bunch of know nothing phone jockeys!
    It was a simple networking question and these people acted
    like i was speaking another language.
    Forum site are much more helpful the Microsoft "Customer Support"

4. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

I've had the pleasure of talking to them, i got my box banned from live, cuase im a dumbass, and i call them cause my friend said that they would unbam me, worked for him. So, i say that my "friend"(me) modded my box without my permission and taht he got me banned, but they sat there and told me, and i quote, "Who cares who modded your xbox? You got banned, deal with it." next time ill have to try the dying child trick or something

5. Allegro1

Allegro1 Regular member

The best way to fight those idiots is to let someone big fight for you. Go through official channels and dispute the charge with your charge card company. Document everything and state why you shouldn't be held liable for an unauthorized charge. Never use emotional or inflamatory language and if it means terminating your XBL account, so be it.

Microsoft and Customer Support are oxymorons.

This has been a known fact for many years.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

let me just state for the record that i think XBL sucks!
    I would never pay for online gaming when i can play many of my favorites for free through Xlink Kai and XBconnect.
    Or set up a network with all my friends on Leaf Networks.
    plus those systems will not ban you for modded systems.
    only problem with them is they allow you to use cheats. So be aware of that when playing in some game rooms you will find cheaters.
    To avoid this just make a few non-cheating friends that you can set up private, password protected, rooms with. Then it is just the people who you invite playing and no cheaters can join and ruin your game.