1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried About compatibility.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by paztelu, Apr 24, 2007.

1. paztelu

paztelu Regular member

I just started browsing and learning about the different Wii chips, etc. Im doing this because I plan on buying a Wii and Wiikey soon. But I have a concern, I read days ago that Nintendo was planing on changing the internal wiring of the console(wii), so that modchips could not be installed correctly. I just want to know if this is true, and if it is how can I assure that both the Wii and the Wiikey are compatible so I dont end up with a useless chip.

2. Menion

Menion Regular member

Damn i hadn't heard that yet, my best advise is to buy a Wii real soon before they get the chance to get that new version into the stores, the 2nd thing i would say is that find out how to tell what versions of wiis there are out there and if you happen to get a wii thats the wrong version take it back - also it may be wise to look into seeing if there is anyway to tell what ver your getting from the box as it was easy with the PSP or lastly buying one new off of Ebay would be the most surefire way to ensure you get one that will work :~