1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst movie ever

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by roeod4, May 13, 2004.

1. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

Hey, I'm a Junior Member now!?!!? When did that happen? Oh, well does this mean I can't ask stupid questions anymore?

2. wavegravy

wavegravy Member

lost in translation did it for me.I fell into deep coma about 10 minutes into the film.

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

HA HA heee HEeee!!! Tis to be funny there siber, But if you were to read I said tv show's, but somthing about saying "YAW" and snow and no story line in the beginning that killed it for me. especiaallly the "YAW'S" instead of yeah or yes. That word just bug's the hell out of me!

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

DAMN!! maybe I should read my own post's,, But anyway's I don't need Ritalin or ADS,PBS or anything with an S on the end of it. But i do need some OPP, who knows what that is?

5. sillyd

sillyd Guest

Citizen Kane

6. siber

siber Regular member

geestar: Like I said, no offense. As you can tell, there is much disagreement about the quality of movies. Some try to grab you within the first 3-4 minutes and when they do, they may just carry you through to the end (Few of them do...) Others build very gradually and take a while to get your attention. That doesn't always do it either...

In this thread, there are people who hate 'The Godfather','Gone With The Wind', 'Chariots Of Fire', 'Fargo' and 'Lost In Translation', all critically acclaimed and most of them Oscar winners...I my case, I wasn't all that crazy about 'The Return Of The King' its 200 minutes and its 11 Oscars.

It is so nice to be able to hang loose, blurt out what you want and then see the horseshit you just came up with - all by yourself - show up a few seconds later in print and for all to see. That's why it's called 'Safety Valve'.

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

No offense taken -siber-!!! just my opinion on this movie, just wasn't my type of movie and that's what this thread is about.

We are all cool people in the house of OZ. =)

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

My wife thinks that everything that comes in a foreign language with subtitles is artistic. I think it's mostly all mundane boring crap. Just my opinion of course.

9. siber

siber Regular member

Sophocles: with a name like 'Sophocles', I wasn't expecting that kind of comment. And then: 'Once you eliminate the impossible etc..' Very thoughtful...but calling all foreign movies 'mundane boring crap' comes a bit as a surprise from 'Sophocles', what can I say. As I said before, its nice to be able to blurt out all sort of outrageous stuff in this forum. As a matter of fact, while I'm thinking about it, liking any movie with Keanu Reeves or Brad Pitt is a sign of ambiguous sexuality and should be punished by having you spend a week in the woods with Jerry Falwell and Al Sharpton.

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Siber I've seen many movies with subtitles that were good (although few were chosen by my wife). Movies with foreign langauge soundtracks and subtitles alone aren't enough for them to rise to artistic recognition, (Now if only I can convince my wife of that). Trust me there are many stinkers out there that get rave reviews by critics who while sipping French wines, become intoxicated and transfixed by the simple, yet unrevealing, and often directionless and meaningless English text that marquee at the botom of the screen. We aren't talking about Shakespearean theater here, we're having fun and voicing our personal opinions about movies we like, or not.+
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: May 26, 2004
  11. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

You wanna know another movie that I thought SUCKED!!!!
    "biker boy's" I can't even beleive I even rented this retarded movie.
    Abunch of old guy's going threw mid life crisis trying to race and be cool with a bunch of wanna be try-cyclers (as in trying to ride bikes)

Now that i think of it, I would rather watch a bland movie like "FARGO" than "Biker Boy's"

12. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!

The Island Of Doctor Moreau!

See it and you will agree, trust me!
    lol

13. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

The point of this is not to see the worst films.
    Just like pulling the 4 month old milk out of the fridge "oh this is terrible, You try it"

We should compil a list of all the AD bad films.

14. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Grease (forced to watch that piece of crap over and over by an idiot gorlfriend) and Chicago (got through 20 min. and wanted to gouge my eyes and ears out). I have a severe aversion to musicals.

15. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

Moulin Rouge or whatever has to be my worst film ever - an absolute travesty

16. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Much aggreed with Moulin Rouge, That was terrible singing and acting.

17. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

not to mention the plot etc.

Some crap films are good though such as the obvious spin-offs

is Secret Ninja, Roaring Tiger (purchased in Asda for a laugh). Watch that with the boys after a slab of stella each!!!

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Moulin Rouge had a plot? Now how did I miss that! Hey Siber another movie my wife likes and I don't, do you think it should have subtitles?

19. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

Women like ANYTHING with subtitles. The reason? It stops them asking throughout the whole f******g film, "So is that the baddy?", "Why is he there?", "Is that the detective from earlier?" etc etc etc etc etc

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Now if we could only make that point clear to siber! LOL