1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth returning 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by yoclick, Jan 3, 2008.

1. yoclick

yoclick Member

Hi all,

Basically my Xbox 360 is annoying me because the drive occasionaly doesnt open and requires me to either manually open it or wriggle the front of the drive while the motor is trying to open the tray. Its currently modded and banned from Xbox live with warranty sticker on. In just under one year its never crashed/frozen or ever given me any problems due to which media i use (Used Verbs, Bulkpaqz, Datawrite, Fortis, A-One).

So im in a dilemma, is it worth returning and solving this drive sticking issue or should I just leave it and be happy i seem to have a good console which is not media fussy at all. I would like to go on Live again aswell, so there's a possiblilty i may get a refurb unit back but what is with the recent wave of bannings? I hear ixtreme consoles are getting hit and its all due to bad backups and theres been quite a few waves of bannings recently?

Basically i would be gutted if i get a very very media fussy console back, get banned from Xbox Live within a few days and have crashing/freezing issues with the refurb. On the otherhand i would be DELIGHTED if i got back a drive which no longer sticks, and access back to xbox live for at least a few months!

What do you guys think?

2. SL7Rips

SL7Rips Regular member

Carefully Remove The Sticker And Replace The Drive Yourself