1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

would a blank memory card work on ARmax insdead on a dongle?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bmgdbz, Apr 24, 2004.

1. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

hi i dont want to go out and buy another memory card untill i know that it will work i borowed my friends action replay max and he doesnt want me using his dongle so does any body know if a blank memory card would work instead of a dongle? thanx for any help

sry *instead* not insdead

Last edited: Apr 24, 2004
  2. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

has anybody ever tried using a blank memory card instead of a dongle for action replay or gameshark?

3. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Yes I've tried but it doesn't work. The dongle is a special key/memory card and AR is useless without it.

Also try to avoid the Datel (Action Replay) X-port, it's rubbish and I wouldn't trust it with my saves.

4. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

ok thanx Mouth_uk i think im going to just buy my own AR

5. benagain

benagain Regular member

Any reasons as to why the X-port is trash? I've been thiking about getting one, but I'm starting to consider getting a USB memory stick to use with Codebreaker to move saves. If there is problems with X-port, please let us know.

6. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

First of all the X-Port doesn't (Even though they make it out to) actually turn your PC into an enormous active Memory Card. It actually backs up your current memory card onto your PC.

However when it does decide to actually backup it's increadibly slow and times out with errors half the time.

When you try to restore your savegames, it times out or tells you that there was an error when you backed them up and the files are corrupt.

Lastly it doesn't recognise my AR2 dongle at all!

I DO NOT recommend this device.