1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would highly appreciate an answer to this question.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BadBoy787, Jan 3, 2005.

1. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

Do any of you know what version of the PS2 is the most compatible with modchips? Also, adding on to that question, which latest versions of the PS2 (I'm not talking about the slimlines) do not have those laser problems? I was planning on hunting for a version 10 PS2 , but I've heard that they've been have sh**ty laser problems. Also, so it's basic knowledge that if you're gonna use modchips, and dvd-rs, and cd-rs, that, your PS2's laser is gonna start to wear out right?
    THANKS!

2. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

Uh, HELLO?!?! WTF, I don't get it; you guys are no f***in' help at all... :-(

3. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Came down, any laser in anything will wear out at some point it’s just a case of when, as for the laser problems it seems almost all versions have problems as am on my 3rd one all being different versions. Am not sure which modchips work best with what versions but am sure sum1 else can tell you that.

http://www.modchip.com/ps2/

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  4. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

Wow, thanks, just one person responded...

5. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

6. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I think it was on afterdawn that i read a thread about a guy that bought 2 premoded ps2s at different times and both broke like in 30 days of getting them, i know he was having problems with one of the websites he got the premoded ps2 from it was something about getting a replacement, be very very careful when buying a premoded ps2 as they tend to burnout quick. Have you used swap magic b4?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  7. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

No...I haven't tried it, but it seems like a real pain/hassle to do that every single time man. I was thinking about getting one of those DMS4 E.Z.I. modchips, however. I dunno if I should get a PS2 (pre-owned or refurbished; if so, which one I should get...), or if I should get one of the notorious PStwos. If I get the PStwo, I'll probably have to wait even longer to get the DMS4 E.Z.I. chip, because they don't have one for that model.
    Any suggestions/ideas guys (that you guys think might appeal to me)?
    THANKS!

8. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

Matrix Infinity with a version 10. To be safe, just get a new ps2. If you can't get a chip, go for the flip top/swap magic discs, very easy to install and works great.

9. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

Okay, thanks! I will see what I can do...I just called my local Game Crazy store, and they said they were out of PStwos, but they said a Sony Rep came by and said they'd have a shipment soon. Do you guys think that they will be shipping the allegedly "fixed" (the PStwos that Sony fixed the lasers on) PStwos? But what method (a method that is proved to work, and one that won't void my warranty) should I use with the PStwo; what method to play my backed up cd/dvd games? I've heard of the two swap magic combo fixes that'll like plug into the areas that have the sensors (ie that ghost thing, or that magic switch)...which of those is any good; which won't void my warranty, and which has, in your opinion, been proven to work well?
    THANKS! EVERYONE!

PS- What were the games that weren't supposed to be able to work with the PStwos (because of the lack of a hard drive)? I think one of the final fantasy games was one of 'em, but were any of the SOCOM: US NAVY SEALS games one of those games as well?

10. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

...C'mon plz, anybody else?!

11. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

All games work w/o a HDD. You can still buy old version PS2's though.