1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would it be smart...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by christenm, Aug 19, 2007.

1. christenm

christenm Member

I have a 2.2U Wii that is modded with the wiikey chip. Today my friend bought like 6 virtual console point cards and he gave me one. I want to download Super Metroid when it comes out tomorrow, but I'm not sure about installing the update for the Wii due to the possiblity of Nintendo mass bricking Wiis kind of like Microsoft did with the XBOX 360. So basically, should I update and then pull my Wii offline after I spend my points card, or stick to my emulator discs for now? I'd appreciate a detailed answer since I don't know very much about this new update, I have tried to do my research.

EDIT: I just decided to go with it and updated my console a few minutes ago. never even got the warning message. please disregard this post.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The only problem that Wiikey owners have come across with the new 3.0 firmware update is the Wiikey setup disc not working anymore. It still can be used but you need to use a GCoS boot disc to boot with first then swap the GCoS boot disc with your Wiikey set up disc and launch it that way.

3. Yoohoo2G

Yoohoo2G Member

I'm in almost exactly situation! I want to download some roms but I don't want it that so bad. Being able to play wii games is more important than old school games (besides, I still have some more Wii games I haven't finished), so I think I'll hold on for a little bit longer.