1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would someone take the time to explain how HD Loader works.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Agent23, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Agent23

Agent23 Member

I've been doing some reading about hd loader and it sounds as if you can install games onto a hardrive installed in the ps2 but cannot play them off of the hardrive. Am I mistaken? What do I need so I can save my games onto the ps2 hardrive and then play them without having to put in the cd? Sorry for the newbie question but I'd appreciate it.

2. Coolmarve

Coolmarve Member

Hdloader lets you install games onto your hdd and then play them from your hdd without the cd

All you need is a hdd, a network adapter, and HdLoader or HDAdvanced

3. atzero

atzero Member

HDLoader enables games to be played off the hard drive on any PS2, modded or not.

When HDLoader boots up, it displays a list of installed games, with options to play, install, or delete games. To install, it prompts you to insert the original game, then it copies the game to the HD. Now the game is playable without the original disk. All that is needed is the HDLoader disk.

-Most Maxtor Hard drives will work, between 40 and 120 GB.
    -Games played off the HD will not work online due to DNAS Authentication.
    -Compatable with most games, if the game does not run at first, there are compatability options, which usually work.
    -A similar product is HDAdvance, which works the same way