1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would the MPEG files inside scratched VCD's be damaged?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by kurtsky, Feb 19, 2007.

1. kurtsky

kurtsky Member

Hi
    Just wanna ask

I made backups of my old scratched vcd's recently and most of them have some real bad scratches and fingerprints on them that I cant remove myself.
    Now, my question is since I successfully ripped the MPEG from some of the VCD's using Isobuster,and they played flawlessly on my PC;
    Would the movies itself,(the MPEG file inside the VCD's) be damaged in some way because I ripped them from damaged discs?
    Or would the files remain ok?

Im asking this coz I plan to throw away these scratched and bad vcd's and save money on buying new ones by making backups.
    Coz If the MPEG files I ripped from those damaged CD's would be pixelated or skip because the source was bad media;
    Then it would be useless in the long run..

I hope my question wasnt too vague.
    Thanks alot!

2. 8chaos

8chaos Regular member

Well, I guess that depends on if you can access the disc now.

If they play fine the files are good. What do your back up disks look like? You might have to make a backup of them to your hard drive asap if they are scratched but you can play them.

not sure what your asking - if you you made a successful backup of your disks, then there good right? You will just have to play them to see?

3. kurtsky

kurtsky Member

My Backups play fine now on my standalone
    Although my discs are really bad
    No problem using Isobuster too. Although Isobuster had some read error problems but I just clicked on retry and it worked out fine.
    I put 5 vcd movies on 1 DVD-R and its great. Problem is I hoep they dont start to pixel out anytime soon. Coz I plan to throw my VCDS after I backup all of them