1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would this be a good heat test? Advice on duration?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Ender88, May 5, 2007.

1. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

I'm buying a used xbox in 2 days and I was thinking of a good stress test for it. My idea is to drape a towel over the xbox laying on it's side and see if it holds up heat wise for a certain amount of time. What length of time would you say is impressive without any freezing, etc.? A poor performance?

Besides playing it at the owner's home for about 30 mins, I'm thinking this could give me some insight.

Opinions?

2. bazthegun

bazthegun Member

not really sure what it is that you are trying to achieve by making the system overheat dude as it seems to me you will just fry the inside.

3. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

play for 30 min or so and if there is no problems your fine but please dont burn the xbox up by putting a towl on it.
    besides i dought that the guy your buying it from will allow it.
    i know i wouldnt.

4. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

I wasn't intending to bring it to the point of damage, I was aiming to see if it would make it a certain amount of time (an acceptable time), and if it didn't, then it's a poor system.

Of course the amount of time would be the critical variable.

Again, my intention isn't to see how long it it will go before it freezes, but to see if it didn't freeze in a certain amount of time. Of course if it did freeze, it would show that the system is nearing its end.

It's clear to me now that no one would know a good length of time, so I'll just stick to playing with it for 30 mins and hope I get a good idea of it's condition.

5. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

when you buy a used system luck is a major factor.
    if you want like new than buy new.