1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WoW and my ATI x1650 vid card.....help please...

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by jestah57, Apr 10, 2007.

1. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

This is a continuation from the PC hardware forum...but

I recently changed my vid card from a ATI 9800pro...to a x1650 Pro and after an ordeal getting Catalyst to install (along with all the drivers)...I logged onto WoW...

and now ingame i experience all these big walls of colors, flickering, and blocking all over the place of some areas..

vertexes get pulled off of other models as well, and obscures the view....

why is this?.....i thought this card was more than adequate to push this game?.....any thoughts??

thanks!

2. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

did you get the pci-e?? or the agp?? if you did get the agp then try omega drivers. in my opinion a lot better than what ati offers.

3. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

I actually traded in the x1650 for an nVidia 7600 GS (yes AGP), and it runs fine now...although I did like the performance of my old ATI, and wanted to stay with them, I had to try stuff to make my stuff work...

thanks!

4. jmrozek

jmrozek Member

jestah57,

I have a X1650 also and Iam having trouble installing catalyst controls and drivers it says in my device manager something about rage 3d II+ pci and I can't get the software controls to install what solution did you use to get everything to work for you.

thanks all the help needed

5. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

hey jmrozek....i never got the ATI to work right...i traded it in for and Nvidia...and this one seems to work fine (7600GS)....sorry i couldnt be of more help...

6. jmrozek

jmrozek Member

I got the driver and cataylst to install, but I still have a video card in the device manager that has a exclamation mark on it thats yellow and its a Rage 3d II+pci next to it, but this is the only video card that I have installed and none onbaord.....very funny but thanks for responding.

jmrozek