1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow.. I'm screwed..

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by emdeesee, Dec 9, 2007.

1. emdeesee

emdeesee Member

I just got a Samsung DVD-RW this year for my new PC build and it came with an OEM version of Nero Express v6 (InCD included). I've never used Nero before but I'm liking it.

I now have a small problem though. My old W98SE box is the only PC connected to the internet (dial-up). My new WXP Home PC is not (The one with the new Samsung). I download ALL of my game patches to the 98 PC (games/software updates and drivers for both machines). The two PCs are not networked yet; but tonight I wanted to clean up my 98 PC in anticipation of it's annual clean install so I drug all of my files over to the XP machine for archiving (through a USB stick) to a DVD+RW for archiving. I also want to "index" the new DVD on my 98 PC (I use an old FW program simply called "Index".). I have an old DVD-RAM (cart type) drive on my 98 machine that sees the DVD, but pops up the "Go to Nero.. download InCD reader" message.

Only problem is.. the latest.. and ONLY offered InCD Reader doesn't support W98 anymore! I've Googled and found references to version 4 (I'm assuming IT'S old enough to work).. but all links lead back to Nero's and Securom's site where it isn't anymore (I even FTP'ed into the sites and looked.. it's not there).

If I can't read this DVD on my 98 PC.. I'm screwed. It seems that the reader was something Nero didn't let 3rd parties "store" on their sites either; as I can't find a single independent archiving of it.

Does anyone know what version of InCD Reader I need that last supported W98 and where I could download it? I'd really be grateful. Thanks to everyone for your time & attention.

2. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

3. emdeesee

emdeesee Member

I found it.. at the end of my quest.. in all places.. back on the Ahead website.

Was looking for updates to the REST of the software and found it in the Nero 6 support section under utilities. InCD reader 4; compatible with Windows 98.. go figure.

Too bad they don't even mention or link to it on their main InCD reader page. I must be the only guy left in the world with a Windows 98 machine.

4. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member