1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Write and burn too fast!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by larespo1, Jan 21, 2007.

1. larespo1

larespo1 Member

About a month ago, my write and burn speeds for clonedvd got very fast -- from about 40 minutes to copy and 40 minutes to burn, to 10 minutes each. I suspect that I am losing good copies of the files this way. I have been using Sony DVD-r media and the "so-called" write speed is 8x.
    This happens with every DVD I write and burn. I'd prefer it if everything were slower again. By any chance, did clonedvd get faster? -- or is there something I can do within the program I don't know about?

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

make sure you set your burn speed to 8x on when you get to this screen in clonedvd 2

[​IMG]

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

That's too fast for me. I'm a 6X man. ;)

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You can set the speed for Shrink in... Did you say CloneDVD? ;) Maybe I'm suffering twilight zone. I thought this was the Shrink forum. LOL

5. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

I like setting the speed to 1/2 the rated speed of the media just to be safe, so for those 8X disks you could try setting dvdclone2 for a write speed of 4X from the drop down menu.

6. larespo1

larespo1 Member

Thanks for all of your help out there. However, even when I lower the speed to 2 or 4, everything burns faster than about a month ago as I said.
    I have the Sony DVD RW DRU-800A burner if that helps at all.
    Again thanks. And I'll continue to write and burn at slower speeds.

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

if you have your burn speed set at 4x or 6x in clone thats what it is burning at so your ok