1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Write Error in Module blah blah blah

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by skins38, Jun 18, 2002.

1. skins38

skins38 Member

I was converting a 700mb AVI file last night, and this morning TMPGenc had crashed saying "Write error at Module x00bef6464...blah blah blah"

Anyone know what would have caused this? Is it a bad frame?

i know it isn't the avi file format because i tested a 1 min sample and it turned out fine.

I'm trying it again so I'll keep you posted on if it happens again, and if it's at the same point in the movie.

2. skins38

skins38 Member

it was a bad frame, masked the bad frame using virtual dub and it worked great.

3. Sangu1ne

Sangu1ne Guest

How do you mask the bad frame with Virtual Dub (have the program, don't know how to mask)?

4. HoodedMan

HoodedMan Member

Ahhhh .. this is the exact message that I am getting!

How do you know if a frame is bad though? How do you find it, and get around it? This error came up after 5 hours - NOT AMUSED ;o)

Sorry, I am very new to this!

5. skins38

skins38 Member

Very easy problem to solve, Get Virtual Dub, Open your AVI file and start the Frame Server, it'll ask you to save a file somewhere.

Then goto TMPGEnc and open the file you just saved, now VirtualDub will serve the frames to TMPGEnc and you won't get and errors.

You can also get a plug-in for VirtualDub callec Smart Smoother or something like that, it'll help remove pixelation and is alot faster than using TMPGEnc's filter's, I use that filter along with the framserver and it works great.
    peace