1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Write error when using Winrar or unzipping ISO files???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jeph2k3, Aug 30, 2004.

1. jeph2k3

jeph2k3 Guest

WinRar diagnostic message..."There is not enough space on the disK. Only NTFS file system supports files larger than 4GB! Is the message that I keep getting when I have been trying to unzip the ISO files from a certain few PS2 games. What am I doing weong? I have plenty of space! HELP!!!!

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

thats because your hd is in fat32 format and cant support files over 4gigs (which the iso's appear to be). what os are you running?

3. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

You'll have to format your hard disk to NTFS.

1)Go to My Computer
    2)Right Click on the Hard Drive
    3)Choose Format
    4)Choose NTFS as the File System
    5)Click Start

4. Xian

Xian Regular member

If you run XP or Windows 2000 you can convert your file system to NTFS by typing the following at a command prompt:
    convert [drive letter]/fs:ntfs
    This is a one way conversion, you can't go back to FAT file systems without reformatting.
    If you are running Windows ME or 98 then you are stuck. As sly said, the FAT32 file system only supports a maxiumum file size of 4 gigs and those OS's do not support NTFS.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2004
  5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Nrk, wouldn't that format the drive also, which im sure he doesn't want to do? thats why there is the convert command as xian suggested.

6. jeph2k3

jeph2k3 Guest

What do you mean by "A" command prompt? Run and then type in the command or is there another method that you guys are speaking of? I don't think either of the .iso files are 4gbytes or more either.

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what operating system are you running?

8. jeph2k3

jeph2k3 Guest

XP professional

9. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

is you c: drive the only one you have? if so, select start-run and type cmd. it will bring up the command prompt. then type convert c:/fs:ntfs
    Even if this doesn't fix your current problem, it will save you troubles down the road.

10. GendoInve

GendoInve Member

My mistake, didn't see a delete post so this will be here for a while

Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  11. jeph2k3

jeph2k3 Guest

Should I take these steps in general any time I set a new operating system in effect? I usually go with two HDD's so I was just wondering for when I set up the new system I am putting together. Oh yeah, thanks for the advice! Everything worked out perfectly!

12. jeph2k3

jeph2k3 Guest

Not to change the subject but how do you up your status as an Afterdawn member...ie. newbie, junior member, senior member, Afterdawn Addict!!!????? :)

13. cek12345

cek12345 Member

Hello everyone.
    This is on a similar topic and I wanted to post here to not create a topic if I can help it.
    I have a file that is about 3 gb's and I try to extract it from the "rars" onto my fat32 drive and it gives me that error that this topic poster was talking about. I then try to extract the file from it's "rars" from the fat32 drive to my ntsc drive and I get the same error. What is going on?
    Also I'm using Windows 2000 Professional operating system and extracting the file using WinRar.

14. jeph2k3

jeph2k3 Guest

Why don't you just copy over the complete zip file to the other drive and then try to unzip the files? I don'y know if your OS has anything to do with it but the information that they gave me was pertaining to XP.

15. sikersh

sikersh Guest

Hi,
    I have recently had the same problem, I tried to extract a file of over 4GB using WinRAR and it came up with the same error message.

My operating system is WindowsME.

Is there a way around this? Maybe using WinISO?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

16. datatrek

datatrek Member

WinISO will only allow you to view the file after it has been extracted from the winrar file.
    As Xian said