1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

write error

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by howard23, Apr 19, 2005.

1. howard23

howard23 Member

I am now in the coster biz and why not I seem to be able to make them vary well. But maybe some one can help.
    i have a sony dru-720a installed on a machine that has 1G of ram and a 2.8G celeron. the softwear that came with the burner was nero 6se.
    I was able to burn about ten or so movies and then half way through the write prosess I would get a (write error).
    I have over 20G of free space on the hard drive. I have defraged many times. I have used two differant decoders (dvd43, dvd decrypter. I have gone in to msconfig and disabled all, I have installed three differant kinds of ripping softeware (clone dvd,
    1 click dvd, nero 6 se) but never had two installed at the same time. I have run all the spyware and norton stuff. All with the same resalt half way throught the burn write error of some kind.
    Any input would help.
    Also my costers are free (you pay the shipping) and come with a 100% money back guarantee (shipping not included)

2. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

what brand are your coasters and what speed are you creating them? :)

3. howard23

howard23 Member

I am using two dynex and spin-x I also have tryed some other fixes the 1st was to get the DMA corrected i had to uninstall the drivers and let xp reinstall them. I then updated the firm ware. and last i turned the speed down to 2x. i was able to rip one dvd and then back to the same thing

4. BTFSB

BTFSB Member

1. Stop the InCD Helper service located in Administrative Tools/Services if you are using a Windows XP Pro PC.

2. Go to www.intel.com and search for the chipset installation utility if you have an Intel chipset. (chipset ID utility available to test)

3. Download the chipset installation utility for your OS and run the setup program and reboot when prompted.

4. ALWAYS disable Nero InCD when burning. Nero says it can work with drives using the InCD Packet Writing Driver but I found it leaves you absolutely coasterless. Perfect Burns!

As a side note, give DVDFab Platinum a try as well with DVDIdle Pro. These two packages together will always give you the perfect copy no matter what but still prior to burning, stop the InCD Helper Service. www.dvdidle.com

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  5. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

it could be the media. i dont recognise the brand.

6. smcrou

smcrou Guest

I keep getting a message that says error writing dvd please check the log file for more information.i check that and another error message comes up and says error reading sector 4571394 form f:\ block past end of recording on medida sense 21 00

7. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

@ smcrou

Sounds like you are trying to burn past the edge of the disc.

You need to set your target burn size down to about 4360.

Here is a link to show you how to do that.

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial002.html

Hope what little knowledge I have is of a little help!

8. howard23

howard23 Member

here is what I have found to work

the DMA must be set correctly even if it looks to be selected it

might not be this is what I did

control panel\systems\hardware tab\expand ide ata/atapi controllers
    primary ide channel\advance tab change the transfer mode of device 0 and device 1 to DMA. repeat the procedure for the secondary ide here you are changing the current transfer mode.

It is possable that both modes will be correct and you still can not burn. I uninstalled the drives for both the primary and secondary ide controlers then let xp reinstall them. This seemed to work vary well. Using nero 6se and any media I want I am ripping at light speed. Also you want to make sure that you have updated your firm ware.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005