1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

write protection issue

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by yogatron, Feb 18, 2005.

1. yogatron

yogatron Member

I've just set my brother-in-law up with dvd burning software and tried to backup Man on Fire using Anydvd, DVD shrink & DVD decrypter. I shrank and burnt the DVD with no problems but when it came to play the backup all we got was the piracy is a crime advert and nothing else I'm sure the film is on there but can't access it. Has anyone got any idea's because it's really bugging me.

2. sunup

sunup Regular member

Try using decrypter first than shrink than back to decrypter. might be an encryption issue.

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

If you are using AnyDVD in the background then all you need is Shrink. Just do it again using Backup and Custom compression on everything other then the main movie. Also uncheck the boxes for all audio other then English if that is what you use for the least amount of compression for a full backup.

By the way, this is in the wrong forum.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2005
  4. yogatron

yogatron Member

Got it to work now if you press the menu button on the dvd remote it skips the adverts and goes strait to the title screen. It's strange though I've never had that problem before. Cheers for your help anyway