1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

write speed cdrs

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by terrace, Aug 12, 2006.

1. terrace

terrace Member

hello, i go into cdr properties then recording to select the speed for burning cds and there are options from 4 to 52. the next time i go into that area the only options are 4by and fastest.the same occurs on the window where i am about to click on burn. does anybody have a clue as to why it changes without me doing anything i think? it changes from one to the other. cheers-terry

2. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

There can be foure reasons: 1) the drive is limited to a slower speed; 2) the drive does not recognize the disc and its speed code so it chooses a slower default speed; 3) the disc is different and has a rated speed below that of the first disc you used; or 4) the recording software does not recognize the disc and limits the fastest speed. All of these methods of slowing down recording speed are intended to get a decent recording on an unknown disc (unless the disc is actually rated at a speed slower than 52X).

3. terrace

terrace Member

thank you joe ryan-cheers-terrace