1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

write speed is wrong

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ll1, Oct 20, 2004.

1. ll1

ll1 Member

Using dvd decrypter have copied file to hard drive , but when i write it back to DVD , i leave speed set to max which should be up to speed x4 but only burns at x0.4 to x0.5 which is way to slow ..What am i doing wrong

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Details please -- Processor-- Ram --Burner Model ---- Media you are using ... etc.........!!

3. ll1

ll1 Member

Hi,
    AMD 700 ( i think ) 128mb ram , iomega super dvd plugged in via USB , running windows 98 , tried using dvd decrypter , copied from dvd to hard drive at about 1.5x and recorded back at 0.4x have set speed to max but no difference , using disks that are up to x8 and x4 but no difference..Please help

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

What type USB ports are on your computer?? If USB 1 it will run very slow and take forever if it works at all. DVD burners need USB 2 to work at a proper speed.

Jerry

5. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Concur on everything Jerry said -- and to top it all a 700Mhz running with 128Mb Ram is loaded to the gills with DVD processing. Dont confuse the marking on media (4X/8X) -- that is what the media can accept -- it's your burning software that decides what speed it will burn to !!