1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing problem VCD Nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by vimeflo, Apr 29, 2005.

1. vimeflo

vimeflo Member

I have Nero 6 Ultra Edition but today, as I did many times, I tried to burn a VCD with Video Clips and just at the end of the process pops the "burning process failed". I don't know why this could happen but it was a waste of time.
    But maybe it has something to do with the message that now appears when I open Nero, about purchuasing a DVD Plug In.
    I wish someone can help me.
    Thanks.

2. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

Hi Vimeflo; I probably won't be able to help you but, just few quick questions others will most likely have. What speed are you burning at? What format are the original files in? What type of media are you using? Plus, it would probably be helpful if you were to save the log file when your done with the burn. It will have info that one of the experts could read & figure out what's going on.

3. vimeflo

vimeflo Member

Well I don't quite remember the speed but it's usually 40 (I don't know what, sorry), and the file formats are mpge, mpg. But I always burn VCD's in the same way and I had never had a problem of this nature, that's why i don't know if it has something to do with this message of the DVD Plug In.

4. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

That message I don't think would have anything to do with it. DVD's need mpeg2. While VCD's nedd mpeg1. The first thing you should try is differant media(The blank cd's you are using). Also try a slower speed of burning, much slower. I've read elsewhere that you should burn at about 1/2 the speed that the media is rated for, for best results. I would also use CD-RW media so that you don't waste CD's. If you get a failure then you can erase & reuse. By the way, have you checked to see if the CD works in the computer. I've had a couple of times where it says that it failed & still got a good copy. But, for now just try the speed thing & maybe the media thing & maybe a prayer or two & see what happens. Good Luck