1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WRONG RESOLUTION HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jumpman23, Apr 22, 2005.

1. jumpman23

jumpman23 Member

I converted 21 AVI files so i could burn them to DVD but the resolution is 432 by 324 pixels, i already burnt it to DVD but forgot about the small resolution so my DVD player says it cannot play it because the area is to small, is there any way i can change the resolution of the files ALREADY ON the DVD so i dont have to waste 4 discs, if not how do i change the files that already are on my comp (if u can change teh resolution in the 1st place)?

ALL HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED,
    The Jman

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Once a DVD is burned there is no way to change it. Sorry.

As far as fixing the files you have... You are going to have to convert the .avi files again. Its one thing going from bigger files to smaller files. A bit tougher the other way around.

I'm looking at the format menu for TMPGEnc and do not see the format you listed (432 X 324) so I'm not sure how you ended up with that.

Time to start over,IMHO. Next time select the correct format before beginning the .avi to mpeg conversion.

I don't do a lot of .avi stuff so maybe someone knows of a good way to do a conversion back to the correct resolution. You will still have to do the encoding so why not just start with the .avi files again. Although you may not have kept them....hopefully you did.

3. jumpman23

jumpman23 Member

yea i kept them so what am i supposed to do again.

Thanks,
    Jman

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

That is good news! Many time folks just delete them. So you need to tell me what you used to convert the .avi to mpeg. I use a cheap version of TMPGEnc plus. On the opening screen it asks what to set the resolution to. At this point I can select wide or full screen PAL or NTSC. I can choose to set the resolution for a VCD, a super VCD or a DVD. Your program should have something similar. If you use PAL equipment then you should set it to 720X576. If you use NTSC then set it to 720X480.

Once the mpeg-2 is created you can then author them into a DVD.

So what programs are you using?

5. jumpman23

jumpman23 Member

i used VSO DivxToDVD to convert the files.

6. jumpman23

jumpman23 Member

By the way fasfrank i really appreciate ure help