1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF? I have an IP from the blocked-IP-list !!!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by MarkieMad, Mar 10, 2004.

1. MarkieMad

MarkieMad Member

Hi there, I was reading the good guide from 'Dela', which included a 'ipfilter.dat' link. But when I looked through this list, I SAW MY IP WAS INCLUDED IN THIS LINE:

083.000.000.000 - 095.255.255.255 , 011 , Internet Assigned Numbers Authority

WTF is going on? I also saw a lot of other wanadoo adresses (but not necessarily '.nl') specified. What is going on???

Markie

2. Mattrage

Mattrage Regular member

I couldn't tell you why, but damn, that sucks! You might not even be able to connect to a server, as they typically run their own version of ipfilter.dat! I vaguely remember seeing wanadoo addresses in ipfilter.dat going back a long time. Unfortunately, from time to time, entire isp's or sections of isp's are blocked for some reason. There must be a reason behind it. Are you absolutely sure you are in that block?

3. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

DAMM that does kinda suck

sorry to hear that

4. MarkieMad

MarkieMad Member

Well, the strange thing is, it all works.

I get reasonable downloads for a month now, which is 4 kb upload/with 4 to 16 (=max) kb donwload.

Also, when trying to connect to servers, I never get blocked or anything, just: server full, or something like that.

My ID is abou 1.600.000.000 which is also not bad, so I just wonder, what the heck is going on here...

Maybe the ipfilter.dat is not used a lot :D

lucky me? Mark.

5. Mattrage

Mattrage Regular member

Cheers then. :D