1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF is it with this auth.dll thing?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Frezko, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Frezko

Frezko Guest

Hey! when i try to get .vob files to a .mpeg it comes this: auth.dll: Can't authenticate drive. Disk may be not locked, WTF does that means?

I would be very grateful if you could help me here
    Thnx, FreZko_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Freddie <--Im with stupid[/small]

2. Sefy

Sefy Guest

auth.dll is what helps the program to authenticate the DVD so it can access the VOB files, if you are using DVDx (which I'm guessing you do) and you are encoding from files already ripped to your local drive, then you should disable the Authentication.

3. Frezko

Frezko Guest

Mmmkay, only one question, how do i disable it?

4. Frezko

Frezko Guest

<-- yes, im using DVDx

5. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Are you encoding directly from the HDD using DVDx or from the DVD ? cause that error only happens when encoding from the HDD as far as I know.

If it is from the HDD, then go to the Input Settings, and you can disable the Authentication option there.

6. Frezko

Frezko Guest

That worked, thnx, but now i got a new error, i think i fixed something else too, it says:
    MPEGEnc: Invalid dimension (must be multiple of 16) now WTF is that?, plz answer me here, and i will be very thanksful

7. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Sounds like resolution, did you try changing the default ? it must be 352x240 / 480x480 for standard

8. Frezko

Frezko Guest

MAn Thnx!!!!! You got msn messenger? easier to contact ya, man thnx!!!

9. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Afraid not, I don't support Microsoft ;-)

but you can catch on ICQ and sometimes, but rarely on AIM, your best chance is in email or here.

10. Frezko

Frezko Guest

okay, i got ICQ too.. add me: 162265715

11. Sefy

Sefy Guest

My ICQ isn't open right now as i'm basicly off to bed, but here is my ICQ if you wish to contact me: 10489780