1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF is up with LOTR: 3rd age?`

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by andyfrank, Nov 15, 2004.

1. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

i got this game and backed it up to a ritek g04, loading time was horrible and then it was choppy with audio and battle scenes took forever? is this normal for this game?i then burned another copy on verbatim dvd media and its slightly better but still bad whts up?

2. eliteg19

eliteg19 Member

hey man...we just had a huge discussion on this matter, and nobody really had any answers. The only fact was that the game was mega choppy and laggy as u described in everyone's ps2. I have the swap disk dvd 3.2 and it does all that bullshit....I tried different media at lower speeds and same shit. Everyone basically beliefs that EA payed major bucks to make it very anti burn friendly.

There are plenty of good rpgs out there that will make excellent copies but I feel u man I really wanted to play this game on my flip top ps2!

3. Halberd

Halberd Member

Mmm, big discussion if you want to read, it should be on the first couple of pages.

But yeah, I don't mind this game being 'unburnable' as its really a piece of crap game (I played a rental copy for a bit) but if this is a sign of things to come, some of those 1337 hackers had better find a way around this :p

Your ebst bet is to leave it and not waste ur media!

4. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

awe man, thx tho, prolly work great off the hdd cuz of the speeds

5. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

I got a perfect copy. burned with decrypter at 2x on a memorex dvd-r. Loadings audio everything works fine. You might have to adjust your lens.

6. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

hey what is the media code on those dvd-r's, i have a v5/6 ps2 and i cleaned the laser with rubbing alchohol and adjusted it one notch each direction and nore were better so it is in the factory spot. so ill see wht else i can do with memorex dvd-r's

7. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

I actually have the not very good ones (cmc mag). but they still work fine> i adjusted the laser 4 clicks to the left and cleaned my laser.

8. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

which left did u adjust it, can u take a picture or draw one or something or explain the left u mean...?

9. Haskett

Haskett Member

I had the same trouble with this game and thought that it was my laser or media that was causing the problems.I burnt it with DVD Decryptor a couple of times and the audio was out of sync and the game lagged horribly. Then i turned down all settings, read & write, down to the minimum and burnt the game again on the same media and it worx great. Not too sure if thats the answer but it seems like a fix for know.

10. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

Its the white cog below your tray. open up you ps2 then eject the tray. turn it off and turn the white cog 4 clicks to the left. But don't forget to mark the orginal spot on the white cog just in case if it doesn;t work then u could go back to your original settings.

11. eliteg19

eliteg19 Member

bottom line brother...it took me like 3 times to lotr 3 age to work ok...and by that time the game was not wat i expected anymore. its like u get caught up in the fun of trying to fix a problem, but u never take the time to think is this really worth my money and blank media!?! haha trial and error is the name of the game and the solution for these problems and frankly some games arent worth it! even if they are free! way better rpgs out there(which i've already burned and played :) ) but i guess that's wats all about...oh and if you have no experience in being a electronics technician i wouldn't recommend messin' wit the ps2 internal guts!!!!!! happy burnin'!

12. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

I agree. the game is not worth the effort.

13. john212

john212 Guest

that game sucks.dont backup the game .its time waisting.the fighting in this game is bullshit.

14. phil31169

phil31169 Regular member

dont know about the ps2 version, but balrog was some of the coolest shit i have seen on the xbox, otherwise an unpolished good attempt at an old school ff type of game

15. vgaitez

vgaitez Member

Used DVD Decrypter on normal settings. Sony DVD+r Media with swap and slide card.PS2 version 7. Worked perfect the first burn. Game is not as good as other RPG's but graphics are awesome and still fun.