1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wwill a null modem cable reflash a nokia d box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by GARYEDGE, Feb 13, 2007.

1. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

can any one out there help ihave had a nokia d box for over 4 months now all perfect but tonight everything as gone off.what do i need to do to get it back on and what things do i need .thanks everyone.

2. Tamilmix

Tamilmix Member

No need of null cable you can use a cross over cable.
    before you do that did you try updating the emu settings try that first before you re image the box.

3. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

the box is all sorted now thanks 1 of the kids must have been in the menu messing about. about the cross over cable i have no space in my computer for 1 of them.but there is a space for the null modem cable will that work.or will i have to try and sort something out ,thanks.

4. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

You need a network crossover cable for the DBox. The null modem cable is only used by the DBox to display the flash status in IFA. Most motherboards have a network adapter on them or a network card installed, how do you connect to the internet? If not by a usb modem or dialup then plug it into the socket your broadband is pluged into.

5. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

fekker i dont really understand if i connect it where my broadband goes then i lose my internet connection and can not get on line to reflash the box am i right?if not i will do what you suggest.also could you paste me an ebay site where i can get that lead ,last time you done that for me for a null modem lead the site was spot on very cheap and i also got the right lead cheers mate.

6. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=crossover+lead

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1M-Cat5e-Boot...3QQihZ011QQcategoryZ58302QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You only need it pluged into the PC while flashing. The flash file will be on your PC so you don't need to be connected to the internet while doing it.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  7. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

thanks for that. i realise what your saying now.