1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

www.gocybershop.ca possibly ordering from here but still undecided

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rizzed, Jan 6, 2004.

1. rizzed

rizzed Member

I'm looking to buy a fliptop + swap magic 2.0 discs and I ran across this site after hearing that PS2cover.com is very unrealiable. I searched the forums and saw some bad complaints about this place and good ones, but the bad ones simply said this place sucked... I'm planning on buying a ddr pad and the flip top and I'm just wondering if I should get it here or someplace else? The ddr pad I can get anywhere but 7 dollars is a good deal. Anyone recommend this place or someplace else with a similar price? (33 dollars for flip top and discs.) Thanks.

2. convolute

convolute Regular member

The pads are very cheap I found in comparison to other places which were charging double to gocybershop. I have 2 pads in fact from them. However, how much would their shipping be for you there? The box itself is not small for the pad (a bit larger than the PS2 box) and if you are going to end up paying more shipping, then it wouldn't be worthwhile.

I like gocybershop, but mainly because it is nearby and I go directly there rather than having the trouble of fussing with mailing/shipping issues, and if I do have any problems (which I haven't thusfar) I could always go to them directly whereas ordering online isn't as convenient.

3. jakobe75

jakobe75 Member

I have ordered from them several times and only had one prob...they backordered some modchips. it toook them awhile to ship (2-weeks). but no other probs..i have ordered approx 25+ ps1 modchips from them a couple of years ago..also ordered some sat cards when they had them ..also a few controllers and some misc electroinc stuff.I live in st louis Mo. and even with them being in canada i never had a prob.

currently are thinking about ordering several ps2 modechips from them but not decide what type yet the magic ...messiah..or the dms3. unfortunaltey they dont sell dms3..only previous two.
    hope that helps

4. rizzed

rizzed Member

Thanks guys I believe I will be ordering from them tonight. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I live in AZ so the shipping isn't to bad only about 8 bucks total for the pad and flip top.

5. zedzed

zedzed Guest

I ordered a Magic V from them.
    The chip came as promised and everything was OK.

After sale service and support though is another issue. I sent an e-mail for help with a sleep mode issue and they did not respond for 4 days and so I finally started to call them and when I did eventually get a hold of them they told me that they had no answer for the problem.

I would not buy from them again

Zed

6. georgej

georgej Member

I've ordered from them numerous times since way back - 1996. Sometimes they can be slow, but the've grown in leaps in bounds... they always come though for me. I deal with a guy named Jason.

Don't beleive everything you hear on the internet!

7. ROTzWORLD

ROTzWORLD Member

I ordered my 5k6 solder chip for my PS2 v10 from gocybershop and got it as promised so far I have not had any problems :)

8. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member