1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

www.linker4u.com

Discussion in 'PS2' started by fredsdead, Jan 24, 2005.

1. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

ok, so not tooooo happy at the moment. Two weeks ago I purchased a fliptop cover and swap magic 3.3 from liner4u.com - they seemed like a reasnoable site. But the status of my purchase hasn't changed at all in all this time - 'Recieved and to be Processing' - I've tried writting to them, but the only contact they have is a form you can fill out, and in the three times I've tried, I haven't once recieved a reply. Is this normal? At the moment, I would defintely hesitate buying from them again, and probably recommend against them - but if anyone knows what might be the problem, please post. Thanks,

2. scorcci

scorcci Member

They are located in Hong Kong, depends where you are it takes more than 2 weeks.
    I bought things from them and I had no problem.
    Just wait few more days and let us know what happened.

3. ironman80

ironman80 Member

true hong kong is really far away be patient

4. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

really far away...unless you're living in Japan, in which case, it's really close. That's the problem - they say 5 - 8 days to major locations, but it's been more than that, and the purchase status hasn't even changed.

5. aslamraja

aslamraja Member

i purchase from them all the time. it does depend on the type of delivery you choose. if you chose airmnail then just allow a coupe more days.. with regards to the website saying it is recieved and to be processing that is something that i have noticed with them recently. (i recieved my product while the website still was showing recieved and to be processing). the only really bad thing about linker4u is their communication cos its rubbish if not non existant.

6. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

that's useful to know Aslam - thank you. I'd done a fair bit of research into them on afterdawn, and it all seemed positive - just worried because of the lack of communication.

7. JspOt

JspOt Member

I purchased the Magic Switch and Swap Magic from them and it did take about a week and a half to get to me in the U.S. I ordered using FedEx so I'm guessing airmail will take really long. It's true about their site not updating or communicating very effectively. 3 days after I ordered I already got a tracking number but FedEx didnt have it in their systems till a week later. I say the store is respectable but I guess you can just expect this type of thing when you order internationaly.

8. cmoney

cmoney Guest

I have ordered from them before using air mail and it took almost 3 weeks to arrive, and I live in the U.S.

9. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

see I haven't even been given a tracking number either which sucks dick - at least that way I'd know the package existed somewhere. I guess everyone has had a good experience with them, in that they recieved what they ordered and it worked etc., but it's not a great feeling to be left in ignorance about what's happening with the purchase.

10. pcroxton

pcroxton Guest

There are several sites in USA sell those Magic switch, and Slim replacement case, use Google or Yahoo to search.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2005
  11. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

ummm...yeah, the problem is I've already paid for it. Also< I need a Japanese build of swap magic - something which most sites in the states don't offer

12. aslamraja

aslamraja Member

u will get it mate just allow a little longer

13. ashtonjay

ashtonjay Guest

couldnt believe my eyes whilst in Homg Kong last november
    these thing cost about 70p (1 us dollar) but thought i wouldnt bother
    then came home & paid £17 for one last week

14. ashtonjay

ashtonjay Guest

15. ashtonjay

ashtonjay Guest

16. ashtonjay

ashtonjay Guest

also they have a very good postal service
    i sent a post card on wednesday night & it was on my mothers mat friday morning (with no post code on either) so i would worry if you have been waiting longer than 10 days

17. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

hmmm, yeah. I'd feel a bit stupid if I'd not bought one in HK for $1 and then thrown away 17 quid. Mind you, as much as I appreciate the suggestion(???) ashton, you should also think about the fact that I'd have to fly to HK, to get it for $1 - do you see where I'm going with this? Thanks anyway. I guess.

18. moon118

moon118 Member

i wouldn't worry too much. i ordered my sm 3.3 discs a month ago from taiwan, and i just received word that my package is waiting for me at the post office. airmail was the selected method of shipping to the usa. i asked my seller what were 'acceptable' airmail times, and he said usually 7-21 business days, but shipping to the usa is usually within 2 weeks.

19. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

thanks moon118 - the more stories I hear like that, the more hope I got, I guess. Good on ya.

20. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

So it's been well over a month now and I still haven't recieved anything - not even an email to let me know that there's a delay on the products. This is one site, whether I ever recieve anything from or not, I would think very carefully about buying anything from. I'm sure that there are people out there with great stories of how quick they recieved their order from linker4u.com, but I'm less than impressed and feel I've been ripped off.