1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wxRipper

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by IlzujexIl, Sep 14, 2009.

1. IlzujexIl

IlzujexIl Guest

I am having problems with wxRipper i put in my dvd and run it and then i hit stop drive and it takes it a while but it will stop then i put in my 360 game then i try to hit spin and it wont spin

any ideas??

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. guessswho

guessswho Regular member

is getting a kreon drive out of the question?

4. IlzujexIl

IlzujexIl Guest

i dont know what that is=p

5. wabashman

wabashman Active member

google it then. it will do you a lot more good than that stupid winxripper method.

6. IlzujexIl

IlzujexIl Guest

alright i look that up 2marrow thnx

7. guessswho

guessswho Regular member

no prob

8. hasamoder

hasamoder Regular member

The method of burning isn't that bad. I mean If I safe 55 AUD Why not. It works pretty much on all drives and only requires a 2 second hot swap. If 2 Seconds is worth $55 Then sure use the Korean Drive.

9. wabashman

wabashman Active member

and you also gain the reassurance that your game is copied properly and not having to rely on agbx for stealth patch your games (which has been wrong before). and if you're going to copy games, why not do it the right way? you're already getting a game for free (minus renting fees or having to ask someone to borrow theirs), so spend the extra 35 bucks for the drive.

10. hasamoder

hasamoder Regular member

Your not getting a game free you have to buy it in the stores first then back it up or else your illegally doing it. Plus you have the hassle of buying of eBay. This way anyone can do it.

11. wabashman

wabashman Active member

whats the hassle of buying from ebay. i use ebay almost every day have only had 2 problems since i registered. and both i knew would happen (sold a 0 feedback guy, and bought from one as well).

and lets face it, 75%+ of the people on this forum arent 'backing up' their games, they are obtaining new ones.

12. hasamoder

hasamoder Regular member

I'll agree with you there are people who see these forums as a easy way to find out how to burn, download and pirate games. It's Sad :-(. But still to me rather than buy a new drive why not use something that works fine and saves me $55 Aussie Dollar. That paid for my new laptop. Guy accidentally gave me a core i7 Machine instead of a P3 For $100. LOL

13. guessswho

guessswho Regular member

kreon drives are the best way to make backups. hands down.

14. leerage

leerage Regular member

Having your PC open and having to rip apart a DVD drive isn't something most people want to do.

Hasamoder, you really can't talk about any legal aspects because you flashed modified Microsoft code to your console to circumvent copyright protection.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  15. hasamoder

hasamoder Regular member

I have a Laptop and I plug my drive via a adapter. I had a spare drive. Opening the drive required me to unscrew four screws and that was it.
    If people on the site know how to flash a 360 they should be able to do this.

16. leerage

leerage Regular member

Well what ever works for you. To each their own. I was just giving a general observation from a tutorial I saw for wxripper.

No comment about the legal aspects? :p

17. ThePit

ThePit Regular member

I am having trouble getting wxripper to work on windows 7. Has anybody had any luck with the combo. Xp works great but Windows 7 is so much better. I am having the same problem as the TS. I click on the drive to stop and it does not respond. Any ideas? Thanks to anyone who has any info on this matter.

18. hasamoder

hasamoder Regular member

It works for me! I'm on Windows 7 32bit RC.

19. chris4160

chris4160 Guest

Lol, afaik backing up any games (owned or not) is illegal in australia...

20. ThePit

ThePit Regular member

Maybe i did not specify in my post that I am using 64 bit. I think that is the main problem. Anyone elseknow if this is the problem?

21. hasamoder

hasamoder Regular member

How did you know? Just for personal interest. I gave up backing up games anyway because the games have warranty on them if I am correct. Plus it's to much hassle and I play wii a lot more. Although I've already scratched H.A.W.X .