1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X and O buttons

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by todr06, Jul 15, 2007.

1. todr06

todr06 Member

I am really afraid of downgrading my PSP to run custom firmware, so that's out of the question. I want to switch the function of the X and O buttons in some of my games. However, the games themselves has no option to switch them. I was wondering, aside from the recovery that comes from custom firmware, if there was any way to change the controls, like via AR, Gameshark or something?

2. Arcanaut

Arcanaut Member

NO!!! cfw 3.40oe-a FTW

3. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

nope, dude, downgrade, its almost 100% fool proof, AND you can customize and change a lot of things. what version do you have right now?

@arcanaut
    you didnt have to bold, capitalize, and italicize, a simple no would have been sufficient.

4. Arcanaut

Arcanaut Member

sry, was tryin to be sarcastic :p but my opinion, i was sceptikal about dg'ing before and went ahead and did it and i never regretted it, also the risk of bricking is very, VERY low with the 3.50 downgrader

5. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

yeah todr06, seriously, its VERY worth doing it, ive downgraded a couple of psps already and its always easy breezy. oh with homebrew, you can play games off of your memory stick, AND emulate a lot of older games like nes, snes, gba. dude it rocks. you get all the benifits of the psp and play it to its capabilities.

6. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I've downgraded 2 PSP's with the 3.03 downgrader and they both were successful. The scariest part though was on my second downgrade, my cousin moved his computer keyboard and the AC cord was resting on it. The cord yanked the PSP and I just caught it in time before it bricked. (This all happened while it was downgrading half way through and had already formatted the flash) =D

7. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

haha man i got scared just reading about that. scary!

8. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Actually, even custom firmware won't help you. The button swap option in recovery only works on xmb(main menu) of the psp. It cannot swap buttons in-game.

9. escalante

escalante Regular member

Where can I get the 3.50 downgrader? I'm at 3.40 right now. This will be my first attempt at modding.

10. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

psp-hacks.com

under download and custom firmware. follow the instructions and youll be fine.

11. escalante

escalante Regular member

Hmm, it says that I should have a copy of Lumines. I don't have one. What should I do? I don't know anyone who has a copy of it and there is probably nowhere I can get one in the country I live in. It HAS to be Lumines?

12. todr06

todr06 Member

So I downgraded and upgraded to 3.40 OE-A... to discover that the X->O switching is only in the XMB! LOL! I went and totally blew my money downgrading and upgrading, only to find out the feature I did it for didn't carry into the game itself! XD Thanks for all the help, though.

And yes, you need Lumines.

13. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

yeah, only in xmb. but hey at least you can do homebrew now! ^_^