1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x box locked

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by bounette, Nov 17, 2004.

1. bounette

bounette Guest

i purchased a hdd through internet, unfortunately i do not have a xbox but a PC with Windows XP.
    how to unlock it (also i do not have any pass word when required?)
    My purpose is to proceed for low level format .

2. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

is it an xbox hdd? if it is and its locked, then you will have a great deal of trouble ever getting it to work in anything, pc or xbox. the only way i have ever heard of being able to unlock a locked drive, with a source other than the xbox it came with, is with the xbox linux program used for unlocking drives, but used on a pc running linux. there were some heated debates about whether it was actually possible, though. there was this one guy who says he got it to work after much experimenting. i cant recall where i saw this at, it was a while ago and i was just browsing, it wasnt a problem i was having.

3. ph33rlus

ph33rlus Member

its almost impossible.

not only that but the factory spec drive out of an xbox is either an 8gb or 10gb. which means you shouldn't have paid a heck of a lot for it.

try get your money back.

the amount of time it will take you with no garuntee of success isn't worth it.