1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Box Networking Headache

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by maven1975, Mar 10, 2005.

1. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

o.k i have the following problem.

I can connect o LIVE fine by using auto setings to obtain IP Address etc.

Here is where the problem is when i enable my Xecutor 2 chip and boot into the EvoX dashboard when i goto the settings for the network i can change the numbers etc but it dont save and just stay with the wrong gateway info.

Any ideas on why this is as its doing my head in and no matter what i try it always refers back to some static IP address that it seems to pulled out of a hat.

Cheers

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

What IP are you trying to use? If you enter in numbers that are too big it will change them to be the max number. Also, you can turn your chip off and go to the XBL settings and change your IP and gateway there, then turn off you xbox, boot to evox, and then check out the IP settings to see if that changed anything. Make sure you are running evox off of your hard drive as well. A cd with evox on it cannont change the settings.

3. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Im trying to give the X-Box the IP Address 192.168.0.3 and gateway as 192.168.0.1

Tried doing it in the XBL settings it changes but as soon as i boot into EvoX again i get the IP adress of 169.254.4.158 and gateway 169.168.0.1 and i dont have a clue where it gets these numbers from and this is what i cannot change ?

And yes EvoX is running from the HD

Cheers

EDIT: Just tried again and can confirm i can change is in the MS Dashboard but as soon as i boot to EvoX is goes back to that IP Address again, and then when i look at the MS Dashboard it has changed in there aswell.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  4. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

Weird, try changing your IP in your evox.ini file. Maybe that will help?

5. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

How do i do that, im a newbie to X-Box so dont know how to do that ?

6. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

o.k another update, i tried leaving X-Box powered off and as mine has always done this i dont no if this is correct but when i leave the power cable unplugged i have to set the time again.

Anyway but guess what as soon asi plug the network cable in back comes that bloody IP Address that i cant change grrrrrrr.

Please help anyone

7. mdsup

mdsup Guest

after you change the network settings in evox, do you scroll all the way down to the bottom and select save and exit?

8. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

hmm on second though, it would be kinda hard to edit your .ini file withough being able to connect to your xbox. Unless your burnt a new evox cd to boot from.

9. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Any idea where there is guide for doing a EvoX boot CD i can only think the problem relates to the Dashboard and hopefully this would clairify whether this is the case.

Thanks for the advice so far

10. mdsup

mdsup Guest

after you changed the settings did you save them?

11. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Well the only way i can see that you save is like the normal MS Dahboard you just got back to the previous menu.

Hmmm save and exit there is no option to do that on my dash ?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  12. mdsup

mdsup Guest

if you are running evox, and you go into the settings, you get a blue screen right? this is where you change the network settings, as well as many other settings...once you change some of the settings, you must scroll all the way down to the bottom and select save and exit for the changes to take effect...then just reboot the xbox.

13. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Ooops aint scrolled down to even look as did not think i could, will have to check, if i can ever get my mrs of playing bloody Urbz grrrr.