1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-BOX +RW to a +R

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by sbyrn4, May 22, 2003.

1. sbyrn4

sbyrn4 Member

OK, after lots of messing around and losing loads of money on DVD'S that I could'nt get to work I finally worked out how to backup my games. I do the sensible thing now and burn to a RW first!
    So i've got my RW and it works. But now I want to put it on a normal +R can I just copy it from the RW DISC or do I have to go through all the messing around of FTPing again?
    Any advice would be great.
    My pc dose'nt have a very big hard drive so I dont store the files on there.

2. im_etten

im_etten Regular member

Once you are able to get the game on a DVD-RW or DVD+RW, and you tested it and it works, go and take the ISO of the game and burn it to a DVD+R. So here's what I do... FTP the Xbox files, create ISO, burn ISO to DVD-RW verify it works, if so delete the Xbox files, and burn the ISO to DVD-R. You can also burn the ISO file to a DVD-R in data format, so if you were yo want to reburn teh game all you would have to do is transfer the ISO from the DVD-R to the PC HDD and reburn it to DVD-R. That will save some space and time of not having to FTP the files over and over... You can't do a disk to disk copy.. the only way to burn is to FTP and create ISO then burn.

Last edited: May 22, 2003
  3. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

sbyrn4- What media did you use to get your DVD+RW's to play. For that matter what process did you use. I am running into issues playing DVD+RW and DVD+R's myself. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

4. sbyrn4

sbyrn4 Member

The +RW I used are Maxell (Three for £10.00 from Morissons Supermarket)and just cheap unbranded +R's (about 90p each). I use Nero 5.5.9.20 with my NEC DVD+RW and it seems just fine. One little quirk though is that any of my backups I've burned on my NEC play fine on my X-Box but not on my friends!
    I have an Executer chip with a flashed bios and he has an Enigmah-x chip. If he backs up with he's writer(PIONEER A03) though they play fine on his and on mine also.
    Might be the media isn't the problem but the writers being used?
    Hope this helps:)

Someone also mentioned laser adjustment on the x-box for different media but I'm not sure I want to start playing around with mine:-/