1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-BOX vs PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by RVC, Nov 25, 2004.

1. RVC

RVC Member

I'm kind new on this thing but I will like to know what it'll be easier make backup for X-BOX or PS2? And what you guys think about the slim PS2, how it works with backup games?

2. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

xbox i dont really know but im sure there pretty easy to mod.for the slimpstwo u should go for swap magic 3.3 wish u can get at consolesource.com.they said if u put a mod chip in the slim pstwo u could burn out the laser so juste to be safe swap magic 3.3.but if u have a old ps2 version then go get your ps2 chip with the dms4 or crystal chip or matrix infinity all these are upgradable with a 512 k flashcard.i was going to get matrix infinity but i got my self a slimline ps2 so i didnt want to risk laser burnout.op it help!

3. RVC

RVC Member

Im not thincking about mod. I was asking about burning the games. With swap magic you always have to have to boot with the original disk first before the copy? what happens if the original is scrash and doesn't work?

4. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

ok i dont know about for the copying xbox game but im pretty sure easy for the ps2 i just use dvd decrypter and it really easy i burn my dvd at 1x just to be sure it works.for the swap magic i juste have to do the tape mod and put the swap magic dvd:

1. Get SM and a PSTwo. SM comes with 2 discs, one for booting cds and one for booting dvds.
    2. Open you pstwo. Get some scotch tape and super glue.
    3. Locate the 2 'sensors'. Cut a tiny piece of tape about 3/8"x3/8" (three-eighths by three-eighths).
    4. Apply a little bit of superglue on the sticky side of the scotch tape. Just enough to barely cover the entire piece of tape.
    5. Put the tape on the 'sensor'. Do the same for the other 'sensor'.
    6. Close your pstwo. Put in the Swap Magic dvd. Turn on the pstwo.
    7. When it gets to the Insert Disc screen hit the eject button and put in your burned game.
    8. Hit the X button

and if the disc is scrash and doesnt work then i juste get another swap magic.op it help!

5. RVC

RVC Member

I was taking the original games on the step you got their doesn't show you have to put the original game betwen 6 & 7. so you telling me I dont need the original game?

6. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

no you dont need the original game what you need is to do a backup of the original game with dvd decrypter or another burning program after your you burnt the game open your ps2 then put the swap magic in wait to the (insert disc screen)then replace it with your burnt game then press x wait couple sec......then voila!your ready to play.the swap magic is like a modchip but more safer for your ps2 noway to damage the ps2.

7. RVC

RVC Member

What I was taking on how easier is to burn X-BOX games if you check http://nino.dnsalias.org/XBOX That saund like a lot of steps compare to PS2 you loaded on you cumputer read & burn. Used swap magic for boot PS2 when you want to play the copy.

8. legato777

legato777 Member

PS2 is easier to burn games, but Xbox is better to play burned games.

Xbox doesnt require any mods (from what i heard)
    You hook up your comp and ps2 then get the iso from the disc in your xbox.
    You then patch the game to make it an xiso, then burn it to a dvd, and play.

Ps2 you stick in your dvd rom, use dvd decrypter, or whatever you use to burn, and copy it. Then you need some sort of mod to boot up.

9. RVC

RVC Member

I been reading all over and this is the first time I read something like that, you need mod for PS2 & X-BOX. (That's what I think I'm not a expert). Back to Swap Magic those disc work with any game? And which version work better? I can used it with any version of PS2?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  10. Harryford

Harryford Member

no NO NO NO ONO NO... YOU HAVE TO HAVE A MOD FOR AN XBOX OR TSOP flash it... not having a mod is the most rediculous thing ever.. dude they are the same to copy... THEY ARE BOTH DVD's.. jst use nero or alchol or dvd dcrypter and press the little button that says "dvd copy" than put it in your ps2/xbox(YOU NEED A MOD CHIP,SWAPMAGIC(ps2 only), or TSOP flash it(xbox only)

11. blinx

blinx Member

look guyz i got both ps2 and xbox i think there the same cause look ps2 has more games i agree but xbox has better grafics and ps2 has gta and devil may cry and metal gear solid snake eater but xbox has halo 2 and some else games so there both equal

12. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

For PS2, you may have the option of playing backup [original] PS2 games with OR without modchips. Personally, modchips are there who wants to play backups right away [just insert backup into drive and play].

However, if you want to play your backups without modding your PS2 [and less costly unless you know how to open up your PS2 and "modifiy" it], get Swap Magic Disc. Basically, you insert a disc that tells your PS2 that you are going to play Backup/Import games. PS2 will ask you [not literally - it'll say Insert Disc on screen] to Insert Disc [backup/import]. You "manually" open your drive by swapping method [using a "fish hook" provided with Swap Magic, and pull out the drive to insert the disc]. This method is painless and will not hurt your PS2 [except the front part of the drive].

Personally, I would go for PS2 since you could play backup games without any modchip [less hassle]. I have not tried XBox [nor I do own one]. Basically you could backup both systems' games [since both are DVDs]. However XBox - you must have a modchip in order to play backup games.

As for how to backing up PS2 games, please refer to PS2's HUGE FAQs. Requirements on backing up PS2 games are DVD Burner, DVD Decrypter [program], and DVD-R Media [or DVD+R if your PS2 could read it]. Either PM me or check out the topics in this fourm [especially HUGE FAQ].

As for PS2 version, you must find out what PS2 version you have. After that, then you could buy the specific Swap Magic Disc that matches your version [there's I believe two types - Version 1-8, and other covers 9-10 and some previous version].

BUT FIRST you need to see if your PS2 could play backup games. Burn a DVD-R movie and play it on your PS2. If it doesn't, well your one of the few unlucky people who can't play PS2 backups.

Feel free to PM me for more questions.

=>CAR8624

13. legato777

legato777 Member

well i read a manual and it says you dont need a mod, then i asked people, they said you dont need one, and when you go to buy a mod for xbox, i havent seen one that says "used to play back ups".

They all are used for imports.

So after all this i assumed you didnt need a mod.

I might be wrong, and if i am show me some proof cause im gonna get an xbox and i need to know if i need a mod or not

14. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

15. offset

offset Regular member

Anyone else getting a headache?

16. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Ps2 is the easiest to make backups.

You just insert original in your pc, read it in dvd decrypter/alcohol 120% and burn it using your favourite program.

For xbox you have to have some kind of mod whether it be a modchip or tsop flash or softmod, you cant just stick a backup in an xbox and play if its stock.
    Then you must have a alternative dashboard on your hdd so you can ftp.
    When this is set up you have to connect pc and xbox together by crossover cable or other ways and then ftp the xbox game in the xbox drive to your pc.

When that is done you have to put that iso image into xiso using a program eg craxion 4.

Then it is ready to be burnt using whatever program you want.

So as you see ps2 is easier to make backups of your games.

As for modding xbox is way easier with bigger points and less/no wires and doesnt require any swap method if the chip is solderless.

And there is now a new chip for the slimline ps2 that doesnt burn out the laser and it is available in january, it is from makers of dms.

17. RVC

RVC Member

I'll may go with Swap Magic for now along if they work with the slim line of PS2? What about backup you can make it out of -RW so that way you don't waste DVD's? (just in case they dont work) And what is the best media for burns games for PS2 (The one PS2 like better for read)?

18. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

I am pretty sure that works with Swap Magic Disc [different version though]. Do your own research with that though [because I don't have the PSTwo]. But you got to "fix" up the PSTwo in order to play backup.

Also you cannot use any -RW in order to play backups because PS2 cannot read those disc. Best Media? Like what I did - do you own research but a good media to use for PS2 backups [not the best though] is Ritek G04.

=>CAR8624

19. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

xbox is ALOT easier then ps2, and alot better after modding, it has the hard drive, and the xbox hdloader works with ALL games no matter what, not like the ps2 where they have different compatibility modes you have to use, and quite a few games don't work at all. and ya, for mod chips, the xbox's solder points are nice and spaced out, really easy install. xbox software is also really easy to figure out, it works like a computer, computers have .exe's and xbox's have .xbe's, they've even made a web browser for xbox, and a copy of windows that will run on xbox, it's pretty sweet, i modded my xbox way before i even thought about buying a dvd burner just because of all the sweet crap you can do with it.

20. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

Fuzzy are you joking me? To back up Xbox http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/iso-backup-guide.php and to back up PS2 http://www.totse.com/en/hack/software_cracking/163083.html

For PS2 you don't have to switch your dvd drive like in xbox you have to switch the xbox drive to a normal dvd reader drive so it can play burned games and if u want to play an original too bad unless u burn it or switch drives again. and many other complicated stuff such as hooking ur xbox up to you computer to burn it and crap,