1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X Copy Game-game work's just can't get on line

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by geestar20, Jun 11, 2004.

1. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I don't think to many people visit x copy game's forum but here goes my question--> I got x copy and burned "Medal of Honor-SpearHead" with no problem, but when I got on line to a server it either takes forever or say's somthing about invalid password, does these games need to be patched like ps2 games to be able to play online?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Nah, you just need the legit serial number .... buy the game and they throw in the serial as a bonus ;-)

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I have the original, maybe I try to uninstall the reinstal.... nah, screw it, Ill just use the original to play online.
    I have another question, how can you tell if your pc game is securerom protected or safedisc protected.

4. forkndave

forkndave Member

Use Clony XXL. You can find it by using a Google search. It will tell you what sort of copy protection is on your CD.

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I found this cool little program called A-RAY Scanner, here's the URL http://www.aray-software.com/ this program detect's what type of security a cd/dvd has. (pretty neat!)

Does anybody know of any really good program's that can bypass any of these security features?
    I've tried Xcopy games and it only work's half the time, it worked on "MOH Spearhead" but not on "Battlefield Vietnam" this game has a safedisc2.9 protection on it.

Any help would be greatly apprcia.ted

6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

never mind!

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Despite that, I'd say either BlindWrite5 or Alcohol 120%. It doesn't get any better than those two.

8. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I've tried Alcohol 120%, I copy's but will not recognize it as cd-rom (weired)
    I will try blindwrite tonight, see how it goes.

9. Nephilim

What make/model burner are you using to back up your games? A120 should have no problem backing up MOH Spearhead. A good working copy of the newer protections is highly dependant on your burner.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    JMLS-166S/Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium[/small]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  10. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

pioneer-AO7U
    I copied MOH Spearhead with no problem just can't get on line with it, but.. Battlefield Vietnam copy's through the whole process and everything, but when I go to play it it feezez on the beginning screen where it's just the logo, then I have to close the window and then it say's-This program is not responding-end now-or close- then all that other garbage like do you want to send error report, blah,blah,blah

11. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

what's the difference between -copytodvd- and -blindwrite- they both look the same

12. Nephilim

Copy to DVD is for copying DVD movies and BlindWrite is specifically geared towards backing up PC games.

Battlefield VietNam is SafeDisc 2.9 and Spearhead is SafeDisc 2.8. Both are among the newer SafeDisc versions and depend heavily on a "2-sheep" burner to make a working copy that doesn't require emulation to run. I'm not sure how the A07 stands as far as EFM encoding.

What speed have you been burning at? I like to burn my backups at 4X - the slower speeds help quite a bit :)

13. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

THANK GOD THIS STRUGGLE HAS ENDED!!!! it was an [bold]ADVENTURESSS ONE!![/bold] I went to Blindwrite's webb site and downloaded their trial version of CopyToDvd and it worked!! I also downloaded their BlindWrite 5 suite and to me they looked like the same program (just different names)
    I first DL CopyToDvd and ran it through read mode, then when it was done reading the disc I selected my folder that my PC game was in then I selected write and pressed copy, when all was said and done it made a perfect working copy of my pc game.
    Such a simple little program has really huge success!

As for BlindWrite I did the same exact thing with the other two disc's since "Battlefield Vietnam" has 3 disc's alltogether.
    I never knew how much detail these pc games have when it comes to making a back up, but I learned so much from it!

I hope I can help some of you out their that might be having a difficult time like I had.

THANK'S -Nephilim- and -forkndave- also thank's -Praetor- I would have never thought of putting in the serial number (J.K.) =)

14. Nephilim

And it's never ending! They're constantly ramping up the protections :)

15. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

And that's what makes it fun! :p

16. Nephilim

So true :)

17. Nephilim

I should be getting my SafeDisc 3.2 game (Painkiller) in a couple days.

18. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

would the blindwrite5 or the new version of alcohol 120% be able to backup SafeDisc 3.2?

This is alot of usefull knowlodge that I'll never get to use, but it's just sooo interesting to know. I only have like 4 pc games and ton's of ps2 games, backing up ps2 are so easy and no challenge, but pc games... now that's cool stuff to know!

Sorry if I'm rambling.

19. Nephilim

I imagine either one should do it. A120 is generally regarded as the champ for SafeDisc and BW5 is the SecuRom king. That being said, I've had zero problems using BW5 on SafeDisc 3.10 and 3.15.

It's pretty bad when you're more excited about backing up the game than playing it!

20. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

That is so true! for me it seem's that I would just buy a game to see how I can back it up, and then let it sit their, and then see what else I can backup.