1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X Copy Game-game work's just can't get on line

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by geestar20, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Whoa.... I didnt expect to find this thread here heehee
    [​IMG]

===

If you need to burn a SafeDisc2/3 protected game the major consideration is the drive doing the copy; certain drives have certain characteristics that give them an easier time to perform SafeDisc2 copies than others. Such drives are described as being 2-sheep burners. Drives not quite up to the task (however capable of), are described as 1-sheep burners and heaven forbid, 0-sheep burners. So the first thing you need to do is to find out what make/model your burner is and if it is a 2-sheep burner or not. To determine your make and model of your optical drives; if you happen to have Nero Infotools installed, start it up and under the Drive tab, it will list all the relevant specifications and capabilities of your burner. The actual name of your burner is listed in the drop-down box at the top (those numbers before the name of your burner are important too!). You can get InfoTools from http://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/nero_info_tool.cfm Once you have determined tha name of the burner, head on over to http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/45121 to see if that burner is listed there or not. If it is listed there, it is a 2-sheep burner; if it is not listed there it is not neccesarily a 2-sheep burner but highly unlikely. Now if you have a 2-sheep burner head on over to http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23699 to find out how to copy a SafeDisc2 protected game. If you are running a 1-sheeper than visit http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/36444 for the appropriate guide.

Hell I dont think there is even a game that has pre-installation checks -- which is unfortunate

2. Gary777

Gary777 Member

It says Generic in the Nero Info Toolkit. Before the drive letter it has [0:1]. The box it came in says "MagicSpin" but I can find nothing else on the make or the company. It is an 8x Dual Format DVD +_RW/+_R

3. Praetor

Which probably is an indication that the drive isnt good enough to handle SafeDisc2/3 :)

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

TAKE IT BACK! Even among name brandS there are flawed drives but if the box says spin magic or makes any other unachievable promises RUN AWAY.

5. Praetor

Return the drive? Or retract my statement?

Very true: HP, Phillips, LG... :p

What is this "spin magic"? Pardon my naivte, i havnt slept in ~5 days -- busy cleaning stuff up here and there and doing other stuff... will sleep later tonight :)

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Sorry Praetor, return the drive and don't retract anything you've said.

"It says Generic in the Nero Info Toolkit. Before the drive letter it has [0:1]. The box it came in says [bold]"MagicSpin"[/bold] but I can find nothing else on the make or the company. It is an 8x Dual Format DVD +_RW/+_R

[bold] will sleep later tonight[/bold]Hmm! wouldn't later tonight be morning? Hmm, an oxymoron.

7. Praetor

LOL ok ... isnt it like....late where you are too??? Oh wait its the weekend.... for me its still "night-time" 4 days ago.... my internal clock is fried...now im rambling.....

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Praetor get some sleep and protect that wonderful mind.

9. Praetor

No. Sleep is for the weak :p LOL... 'sides there's so much stuff to "clean up" and "tidy away" :) ... now I/we are getting off topic.

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

[bold]No. Sleep is for the weak[/bold]

Sleep refreshes! Or sleep is for the weak. I used to think that way and igored my needs and stayed awake for two days or more at a time. trust me sleep is a gift. I now sleep about 4 hours a night and I envy those who get more.

We are off topic.