1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x-ecuter 3 or smart xx v.2

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by hubs, Feb 9, 2005.

1. hubs

hubs Guest

dont know what to get gonna buy it from premodded.co.uk instaled with 120 hard drive i just need some help choosing the chip coz i dont know anything about the chips or what they do.some help would be real apreciated.

2. tipotip

tipotip Member

Xenium Ice

www.teamxodus.com

best chip, best features

3. mdsup

mdsup Guest

not true...the x3 is the best chip available right now...there is not another chip that can compare.

4. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Whatever chip you choose wouldn't do you any good if you don't know how/what to take advantage of it. For a dumbass like you, the simplest chip will do just as good as the most advanced one, useless to you.

5. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

X3 dude.

6. mickrick

mickrick Member

[bold]QUOTE SJCHU:
    Whatever chip you choose wouldn't do you any good if you don't know how/what to take advantage of it. For a dumbass like you, the simplest chip will do just as good as the most advanced one, useless to you.
    [/bold]

What a lousy attitude. The guy is asking for advive and he gets a lowlife like you dissing him for it. So what, you invented modchips now and wrote the book on how to use them?

7. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

I got the x2 lite plays my games fine :-D but I also have a Smartxx sitting around w/ a disc and usb connector for keyboard/mouse... Just dont have another xbox to use it on...

8. mickrick

mickrick Member

I got my X3 with Xapt3r yesterday and had it installed in about 40 mins, including all soldering (4 wires for the Xecuter front panel). Got the Bios upgrade (2914), burned to dvd and installed a dream. Just going to install Avalaunch now.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2005
  9. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

Where did you get the 2914 bios-its not listed on thier website could you let me know-I just got the chip and would love to get that bios.

10. mickrick

mickrick Member

The only place to get BIOSes, XBINS.

Use MIRC to connect to Efnet, join #xbins, request an ftp site/username/password, use an ftp client to connect to the site given to you on #xbins using the username/password/port also given to you. Now get your BIOS.

*Update*

Just checked, 214 definitely on there.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  11. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Xenium Ice all the way!!! Feature wise you can't beat it!! Just my opinion....The Xenium,X3, and the SmartXX are the best chips out right now. I think TeamXodus has a new chip(Xenium Spice)I believe for the 1.6 that is Solderless. I don't have a 1.6 and would never want one. I have been hearing nothing but negative things from the 1.6's.

12. dhaniyo

dhaniyo Member

after installing the bios, the xbox turns off. then when i turn it back on, it goes back to flashbios. why? how do you install avalaunch? i already put it on a disk?

13. dhaniyo

dhaniyo Member

I have X3

14. mickrick

mickrick Member

What mod did you get? If it was the X3 and you have the front panel with the dip switches, which you should have, turn the first two switches on (top two to the right) then reboot and it should boot to the alternative dash. If you installed avalaunch then this should boot by default.

15. dhaniyo

dhaniyo Member

I burnt avalaunch onto a disk, but have not loaded bios on the bank yet. will it avalaunch automatically install?

16. mickrick

mickrick Member

The easiest way to do this is to firstly install Slayer's autoinstall disc. This will install the Evox dash as well as most of the other apps and utilities you will need.

Then, set your xbox up for connection to your pc via ethernet. Check xbox scene for instructions on how to do this.

When you have done this, use an irc client to connect to efnet and then join #xbins. You can then ftp into their site and dl the latest avalaunch which you will then ftp into the root c:\ directory of your xbox.

This is as far as I can go here without actually taking you by the hand and physically do it for you. Check out the newbie forums on xbox scene for full instructions on how to do all of this.

17. dhaniyo

dhaniyo Member

ok i'll try that...thanks

18. mickrick

mickrick Member

You NEED to flash the BIOS first. Again, use an IRC (like MIRC) to connect to EFnet, then in "favourites" create a new channel called "#xbins". Join this channel. Then type "/msg xbins !list" with no quotes. A new box will appear towards the top of the screen called "xbins". Click on this and you will get the ftp details you need to connect to the xbins ftp site.

Fire up an ftp client, such as cuteftp, enter the details given to you by xbins and connet to their distribution site. Under \xbox\bios\xecuter select x3 and download BIOS v 3029 (if you have a v1.6 xbox make sure it is this version of 3029 you dl).

Now burn this onto a cdrw (not a CDR) or dvd-r and using Nero. To do this, start Nero then choose \recorder\burn image\all files and select the bin file. Burn this using the default settings.

Load this disc into your xbox and it will give you choices for installing the bios. Choose the one that suits you, but remember to choose to back up the original M$ bios.

When you have done this, reboot your xbox and it will boot to the X3 3029 BIOS screen.

When you have done this successfully, then run the Slayer disc.