1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X2.2 lite + Enable switch

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ModNoob, Oct 31, 2003.

1. ModNoob

ModNoob Member

My programmer is to arrive today so that I may put a bios on my chip, I was thinking this is the reason why my xbox shutsdown twice and then boots to a black screen. It may be, however last night I noticed that when I switch the switch to enable, the blue LED on the switch does not come on even when all 3 LEDs on the chip itself are lit up...this worries me. Has anyone else had this problem?

Another question that has been on my mind... There are 2 pogo pins that are around the dO point. The one on the top is the one making contact with my dO point. The one beneath this pogo pin however doesnt seem to be connected to anything, nor is there anything around the pin (that I can see) which this pogo pin is supposed to be connecting to. Is this just an extra pin for different versions where the dO was moved?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2003
  2. Spine

Spine Member

Did your xbox start up and shut down with the chip disabled? And how bout if the chip wasnt in at all. If so your xbox is pretty much toast.

The pins are for different xbox versions. On the newer ones the d0 point is moved which is why the pin is different.

3. ModNoob

ModNoob Member

No my xbox is just peachy..its just whenever I enable my chip the blue led doesnt come on that is on the switch..I will try to flash my chip with the programmer tonight...maybe it will fix it..if not then my chip must be defective. Question about the programmer though: using the program to flash the chip, it says type in the directory where the program is. So lets say its on my desktop...what do I type in?

4. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

Something like c:\winxp\desktop\programmer

your desktop is really just a folder under your windows directory. You can right click one of the files and choose properties, then just copy the location.

5. ModNoob

ModNoob Member

Mother******G Piece of $#!+....I got my programmer and It tested my chip and it didnt say there was an error, then I flashed my bios and it all went to plan...but it still frags when I turn my xbox on...I know it has something to do with the blue LED on the switch not coming on when I enable it. Does anyone know which pin (or pins) are responsible for illuminating this LED? if so then I can troubleshoot this problem and see if I can get this thing to work. I am pretty frustrated, I know how everything "should" work...but it is just not working. any help is greatly appreciated.

~thanks