1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x3 CE bios issues

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by drluv, Jan 24, 2007.

1. drluv

drluv Regular member

alright, i have installed the x3CE modchip, and now im at the point where im trying to flash the bios... the only problem is, its not working very well... i boot up my xbox, and i get to the flashBIOS 3.0.1 screen, and after i enable network flashing, i cant seem to connect to it. i have set my local area connection correctly, i have checked that the cable is infact a crossover cable, and it seems like my computer connects to it.

the X3CE chip itself shows all three lights, the flash protection is disabled, and the little panel on the outside is at on,on,off,off,off. the panel on the outside also shows the X symbol in blue (as it should) and when i turn it on it shows the HD led in blue for a little while, which then turns off after a bit. the LAN led blinks yellow (maybe red) on and off... i assume its a soldering error, but they all look ok, and i have no idea where to start...

any help would be awesome :)!

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Well with my Xecuter 3 CE chip, when I'm at the BIOS screen, the LED on the Bank Select is a Pink/Purple color. When you are Flashing via Network, are you doing it in Mozilla? I tried doing that, and for some reason Mozilla doesn't seem to like it. Try it in Internet Explorer, and it should work. Check to see if you have all of the Connection Settings put in correctly. If that doesn't work, you may need to put the Firmware on a CD-RW, and Flash through CD.

3. snowfel

snowfel Member

Hi everyone I have a problem that is driving me mad. I installed the X3 ce with the switch plate and lcd display on the frt panel. I finally aquired a bios (x3_3294) burned it with Nero changing the file name to bios.bin added the dummy file which was 500mb. now when i go to load it from disk my xbox video goes away and the eject button flashes orange. after that i cant power it down unless i unplug it. when i restart it it turns on and off three times then flashes orange with no video. again i cant turn it off. WHATS THE PROBLEM!! PLEASE HELP!! i have come so far on my own but now i definitly need your help. Thank You!

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

To get back to the BIOS screen, you have to change the DIP switches on the Panel that you installed. They should be ON, ON, OFF, OFF, OFF. So the first two should be pushed, and the last three leave alone! Now power on your Xbox, and you should get to the BIOS screen, where you install the BIOS. Now, you may want to try a different method on Installing the BIOS. This site, is by Team-Xecuter (the guys that made your chip). They show different methods of Installing the BIOS using HTTP, or FTP. HTTP is really easy. Just have your Console connected to your Network, and then you open up Internet Explorer, and load the BIOS. Try that and see if that helps.