1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X360 Main board replaced will not update with status code

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ERP1, Nov 13, 2013.

1. ERP1

ERP1 Newbie

Hello everyone, I am new here and new to Xbox360 mods and fixes.

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with my problem.

I had to swap out the main board in my Xbox 360 because it had RROD with no fixes that ever worked.

So I installed the newly acquired reflowed board that I purchased online and on initial start up the screen shows that it is trying to perform an update but fails.

Status code 3524-396B-B380-0F00-C000-000E

I have searched everywhere for an explaination of this code and cannot find anything on this code.

I assume this is because the new main board cannot detect my disc drive. Does anyone know if this is actually my problem.

I have read some threads of guys flashing drives and chip modding their boards, I have no interest in doing this. I just want it to run like factory, unmodded if thats possible ? :)

If anyone has any suggestions or walkthrough / tutorials on how to repair or flash my drive to be detectable with the new board it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone !

2. richietea

richietea Regular member

Do you have any key files that came with the new mainboard? If not you would have to jtag or similar depending on what board type you have to aquire these as it needs to be paired up with a dvd drive and visa versa.It would be a waste of money to do this as you want a factory settings console and not a modded console.It would be just as expensive to start with a second hand (phat) xbox360.Having said all of this regarding your error code the second string of numbers 396B converted to decimal reads as 14699.This is the update it is failing on.Hope all this helps.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  3. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

And it would especially be a waste of money to do so because the board is reflowed. So even if you get it to work it could RROD again within days.