1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x360dock new item for playing xbox 360 games from your external hdd

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Dylanbug, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Dylanbug

Dylanbug Member

Found a news in the interent, a new item named x360dock has been released, let;s take a look.

Quote from official site

Features Now

User friendly, nice UI
    Solderless, no soldering skill needed
    Compatible with most xbox 360 drive types
    Support most xbox 360 and Xbox 1 games
    Support different file formats, including NTFS, EXT2/3/4, and Mac OS X Extended
    High speed USB interface
    Upgradeable easily from any USB drive
    No drive flashing or JTAG hack required
    AP25 protection emulation
    Different modes: Emulator Mode and Drive Mode

Features in progress

Compatible all xbox 360 drive types
    Xbox Live safety
    Get your xbox360 drive key easily via X360dock

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also find a reseller to get more info here : http://www.oz3ds.com/product.php?id_product=54 Price of this item is about 90AUD in this site. and here is the description from them

The X360dock is a solderless device that allows you to run games from an external harddrive, instead of your original disc.Gone are the days of game disks,you don't need to worry about the games being scratched or damaged anymore.What's more,the installation for the x360dock is a solderless one, this is a great thing for users.The life of the laser in your xbox console will be considerably extended for you will no longer be using the DVD drive as much.

Source

official site
    x360dock

2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

looks generic. I would stick with the x360key for now

3. 360lifer

360lifer Regular member

Nice to see more emulators but never heard of this one. Lets look at it... As Modking30 said, it does look rather generic but we could also call it oem. :D I see no loader device like the x360key so it must use the same loading style as the wasabi360 which is the video tab in the dashboard. I don't see any spot for a sd card so you must have to flash a chip on the board for updates and your key. The usb 'cable' which is that white one looks rather bad, I mean really cheap.

So I went to there site and found their install guide, lets take a look shall we. Hmm, a doc file, classy oh and a easy miss spelling of the word bend, smells like china. See the same error repeated so they must of used the change all feature. :D

Guide wants you to tape the circuit board to the top of the dvd drive and cover it with electrical tape. You thread the usb cable out the back by bending some of the plastic around the video or a usb connection, no issue there.

You see that usb drive in the picture posted above? You plug that into a usb slot on the back then the usb cable from the circuit board plugs into the side of that and then you actually load your usb device into the back of their usb drive.

You install your key and such by connecting the whole thing to your pc, wow that would be fun.

Uh, the actual loading of iso files is uh.... not what I had expected. It appears you have to actually use your pc to load the iso file. Here is a quote from their guide:

The emulator mode is started as soon as software is executed at the pc computer, turn on pc software after boot in drive mode will produce your tray being autoclosed to init emulation mode. The best method to make the emulator working with a backup properly is booting in drive mode and selecting ‘Play with reboot’ option, it will reboot your xbox360 and will play the ISO backup, as soon as the ISO is detected in banner , you can eject/insert how many ones you want

NOTE: Emulator mode + Software off = ERROR E64/65/69,your xbox360 will think about your DVD is not there or damaged

I really don't care to have my 360 connected to my pc at all times and I fear for later support if there is an issue so yes, I say stick this one on the back burner and see if they give it a lot of support.

4. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

So far it looks like the X360Key has only one true competitor,Wasabi360.

My prediction is X360Key will have about 65% of the market. Wasabi will hold down about 25%, while items like x360dock wil fight over the 10% that's left. The ten percen-ters will lower their prices but will offer little to no support.