1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X360Key Question Please Help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by HOVABABY, Nov 23, 2011.

1. HOVABABY

HOVABABY Member

I know there are many videos and Walk throughs but is there anybody in NYC that can talk me through the process i am not capable of doing the process on my own
    anybody in the nyc area, i wanna buy the x360key today but i need help
    thanks in advance

2. HOVABABY

HOVABABY Member

I found a site that will install my x360key but my question is what type of hard drive can I use with the key (Form Factor) 2.5 without power cord or 3.5 with power cord thanks in advance

3. Co45

Co45 Regular member

I have had similar questions and i found all answers i needed at the xk3y forums

http://www.x360keyforum.com/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=146f2a1e688e907a59a929c074761a78

The guide the forum users have compiled is really informative but i do recall reading in the guide that only 2.5 drives were supported but i refuse to believe that a 3.5 powered drive will not work as well.

I think the biggest challange for noobs is retrieveing there dvd key. And if you found someone to install it for you i would not hesitate to buy it! I purchased mine this past sunday from canadamods and on monday there price increased i havnt checked other sites to see if there price increased but if it hasnt theres a posibility it will!

also if you dont have any problems with customs and waiting longer i know canadamods offers install with the xk3y.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  4. HOVABABY

HOVABABY Member

dude thanks for the site i will look at it asap
    i decided that i am done with the cate and mouse game between coders and xbox reflashing reburning and now you need a new burner its just too much, i found a site that will install and i sent them my 360 today dude we should stay in contact

lastly i purchase the wifi dongle why i did it i dont know, i assume it allows me to use my computer or phone to click on the game i wanna play is this true
    also someone said i need a usb hub to use the dongle is that true ? get back

5. Co45

Co45 Regular member

yes the wifi will enable you to control your xk3y from a wireless device there is a thread on the xk3y forums about it .. im not sure if anyone has made a program for it yet. and yes you need a hub as your xk3y only has one usb port.

Im sick of burning discs and the xk3y team looks like they are matching everyones features minus using your pc like the 360dock. and the fact they are working on ripping games to hdd! no more 0800 firmware needing to be flashed to my other dvd drive no sata cables hanging out of my pc, once they do that ill be in heaven!!!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  6. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

I got one. My verbs are $70 a pack. I use printable media. Sick of that as well. Time for a new toy anyway. I have a coolrunner too ;)

7. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

If you bought a dedicated wifi dongle for the 360, you are a chump. You can use your PC or laptop and do a wireless internet bridge to share the internet.

Or you can get a linksys router, install DD-WRT to it, convert it into a wireless bridge, and then have your xbox go online for free!

8. HOVABABY

HOVABABY Member

I am sooooooooooooooo excited guys worth every penny
    my questions is can you download DLC place on my external hdd and play i heard no but just asking

9. HOVABABY

HOVABABY Member

no more buying disc no more waiting for fixes or temp fix
    i get halfway through blackops cod and couldnt finish because ms decide to prevent testers from playing never finished the games just sick of the cat n mouse

10. Co45

Co45 Regular member

[/quote]

the xkey just emulates the dvd drive so my guess would be no on using xkey for download content

11. HOVABABY

HOVABABY Member

Yeah i assume your right i hope i dont have to wait long ahem mod central guys
    co45 when are u getting yours

the xkey just emulates the dvd drive so my guess would be no on using xkey for download content[/quote]

12. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

no, you cannot do DLC, that is for jtags and reset glitch boxes

13. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Not for free, since xbox live isn't free. I have DD-WRT and it does work

14. Co45

Co45 Regular member

He was referring to the wifi dongle for the xk3y not for the 360
    Mine shipped on tue so I'd say another week and half to two and a half..

I really don't mind waiting as I have been busy ripping all my backups and putting game covers in folders and labeling them right.
    Not to mention prepping the update files and what not for the xkey when it gets here. Plus I have a modded samsung box to play on till it gets here!!

Speaking of if you check the xk3y forum a user on there made a program call xk3y manager is really helpful for adding either covers or icons to your game folders.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  15. HOVABABY

HOVABABY Member

CO45 we have so much in common i am ripping as we speak lmao, i have a few comments and questions so please be patient with my noob questions

1 Did you receive my private msg about the usb hub and will that work for me
    2 jtag games can we play them with the x360key?
    3 Do i need to check my iso's to see if they are stealth etc or do i just DL and play them?
    4 I am prepping for my 360 return cant wait